• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Android phone charger needed.

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I have 2 USB cables for my Nexus 6 phone, neither of which work for charging the phone, they just allow me to plug the phone into my PC for file management and stuff.

So basically, I need a charging cable for a Nexus 6 phone, I am aware of Google and eBay, but I'd rather not buy one from eBay to be honest, they tend to be cheap crap from Chinese sweat shops that break after a few uses.

Might pop down to Carphone Warehouse this week and see what they've got, but in the interim can anyone recommend a good website to get one from? Not eBay for reasons outlined above.

I'm inclined to think that in most cases quality control doesn't vary all that much when it comes to simple things like USB cables for my computer and camera. With virtually all of them made in China. So how they are handled and used may well reflect how long they will last. Handle with care whatever you pay for them. Of course this is all on the premise that your cables don't function properly and not the charger itself.

That said, I've had good luck with all the USB cables I've purchased from Newegg.com. Not that it's full-proof, but I tend to stick with much of anything that rates well (no. of "eggs" ratings and no. of customers who reviewed them).

The same dynamic can be said for Amazon as well. Paying attention to ratings and number of reviews. I just happen to be partial to Newegg when it comes to electronics in general. Especially considering prices, where the traditional over-the-counter retailers will tend to gouge consumers for this sort of thing.

Of course if a third and different USB cable doesn't work, then I'd suspect it may not be the cables at all, but rather your charging system.

USB cable for phone charging - Newegg.com

Last edited:
How about Amazon?

Amazon.co.uk: usb phone cable
Amazon.co.uk: usb power adapter

I think I'm with you on eBay here. I've purchased flaky products there that didn't last long either. Read reviews and check the details!

The first one isn't sold direct from Amazon, it's a Marketplace seller, I got had last week when I bought an Xbox One Digital TV Tuner from a Marketplace seller and the chuffing thing didn't work, fortunately it only cost me £6.02.

New Threads

Top Bottom