• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

And here goes nothin.. Hello?

CarefullyChaotic

Hello, I'm 43 and have been reading about aspergers for about a month. But I have since become obsessed. I am not sure if I will ever be able to find out if I truly am an aspie but I do think I am. Not only that, I think my mom and dad were also aspies. Possibly my aunt too but I haven't talked to her in some time. I have a boyfriend who loves and comforts me through hard times, I'm very lucky to have him.

I have always had major problems in school and with people in general, I was always an outcast, they called me different and made fun of me so much that I thought there must be something wrong with me.

My parents were both blind, my dad since birth, my mom since she was 6 months old. They met in a blind school in the capital of the state I live in. They had just me, they tried for more kids but I am the only one that they had. My parents slept in separate rooms, they said it was because they prefered the same side of the bed and that they listened to different types of music all night long. They died when I was young, my mom had a heart attack and my dad had lung cancer they were both gone before I was 18.

They were nothing like other parents, ever. I had no rules unless it could cause me to be in danger in some way. But the normal child rules, like bedtimes, report card, grades, TV privileges, the food I did or didnt eat, there were no rules for any of that. I was never made to have chores either, My dad hired his brothers wife who cleaned houses for a living, once a month to clean our house.

I was far from rich we lived in an apartment, they drew a check from the government for being blind. But they let me be who I was. No one liked it but they did.

So, I never did homework, ever, I didnt even bring it home. I cleared mostly Cs Ds and one F or so. I usually got A+ on the tests tho. Tests were easy. Homework was stupid... I thought. I wish I had done more with school but I hated it and being there because I was bullied all the time, and I tried to be invisible but it never helped. There is so many more things that have happened in my life that leads me to think I am an Aspie, but I don't think I have room right here?

Feel free to chat. it might be very refreshing to find someone that understands me a little bit.

Welcome aboard :)
I'm glad to have you as a new member in our friendly community. Best wishes
full

Hello, I'm 43 and have been reading about aspergers for about a month. But I have since become obsessed. I am not sure if I will ever be able to find out if I truly am an aspie but I do think I am. Not only that, I think my mom and dad were also aspies. Possibly my aunt too but I haven't talked to her in some time. I have a boyfriend who loves and comforts me through hard times, I'm very lucky to have him.

I have always had major problems in school and with people in general, I was always an outcast, they called me different and made fun of me so much that I thought there must be something wrong with me.

My parents were both blind, my dad since birth, my mom since she was 6 months old. They met in a blind school in the capital of the state I live in. They had just me, they tried for more kids but I am the only one that they had. My parents slept in separate rooms, they said it was because they prefered the same side of the bed and that they listened to different types of music all night long. They died when I was young, my mom had a heart attack and my dad had lung cancer they were both gone before I was 18.

They were nothing like other parents, ever. I had no rules unless it could cause me to be in danger in some way. But the normal child rules, like bedtimes, report card, grades, TV privileges, the food I did or didnt eat, there were no rules for any of that. I was never made to have chores either, My dad hired his brothers wife who cleaned houses for a living, once a month to clean our house.

I was far from rich we lived in an apartment, they drew a check from the government for being blind. But they let me be who I was. No one liked it but they did.

So, I never did homework, ever, I didnt even bring it home. I cleared mostly Cs Ds and one F or so. I usually got A+ on the tests tho. Tests were easy. Homework was stupid... I thought. I wish I had done more with school but I hated it and being there because I was bullied all the time, and I tried to be invisible but it never helped. There is so many more things that have happened in my life that leads me to think I am an Aspie, but I don't think I have room right here?

Feel free to chat. it might be very refreshing to find someone that understands me a little bit.
I love your avatar and your username :p. Welcome to a warm and friendly atmosphere :). You're in good company here ;).

New Threads

Top Bottom