• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

an activity you can lose your self in now or when younger

Rob Schlintz

V.I.P Member
I keep rembering a time when a boyscout, going to summer camp, 3yrs in a row would do the mile swim, I loved it, start swimming, so peaceful didn't even notice a physical strain sound of nature around me, sound of water as swam thru it, finished was sad wanted to continue the bliss I was in during swim, something different swimming on a lake vs laps in a pool or in a swim spa

Probably a few things in a few different stages over my life. I remember at one point being addicted to the game "World of Warcraft." Hours could roll by and I would have no idea what the hell happened. Mind you I was never nearly as bad as many other people I have read about who neglect their kids, forget to shower or eat, etc. Still, I think it was in 2008 maybe that was practically the only game I would play for any gaming time I did.

Certain video games. When I played Skyrim I played it for hours and hours; on Sundays I played it for nearly 10 hours, including breaks of course. And let's not forget my childhood addiction to Yoshi's Island; I used to actually get up at 7 AM Saturday mornings just to play it! I used to play it before doing my homework, too. Otherwise, I get really immersed in observing construction sites. The workers might be wondering why there's some dude constantly standing there like a statue (this was easier to do when I was I college, not counting the really busy semesters; classes weren't every day lol).

I would read all the time and hardly be aware of my surroundings. I'd walk and read, bring a book to a birthday to read (when I was really young), read during class, read till the morning. The written word is still wonderful to me.

Just enjoying my PC. Time flies unbelievable. There are so many things I just like doing on-line. Playing games, e-mail, topics to study, videos on You Tube, music, playing with photography, keeping watch on my cousin's Facebook page, even some shopping. I am very content and it takes away anxiety to do various activities on-line. Like being here at the forum!

reading i crave books,looking at wild nature as opposed to a very pretty pretty garden or park
especially butterflies also bees, hover flies,catterpillars- i now on occasion say" are you a very hungry caterpillar" i think Eric carle would appreciate that ,sitting listening when they are no human sounds.

Certain video games. The Sims would be one, I won't play it for like 6 months and then end up playing it for 6 hours a day for two weeks.

I have been through a lot of activities that mesmerized me so much that I lost track of time. I only have a few of those left now. Sometimes I have had to set an alarm so I would stop to eat.

I would read all the time and hardly be aware of my surroundings. I'd walk and read, bring a book to a birthday to read (when I was really young), read during class, read till the morning. The written word is still wonderful to me.
you saying that I now remember my junior year of high school read like 50 novels, dragonlance, forgotten realms, xanth series,gor series, ever since then only read a few books the wheel of time series by late Robert Jordan, point it I know what it's like to lose onself in a book, after that year I stopped I wanted to stay as focused as could on "real world" couse now I just watch Netflix lol

Probably a few things in a few different stages over my life. I remember at one point being addicted to the game "World of Warcraft." Hours could roll by and I would have no idea what the hell happened. Mind you I was never nearly as bad as many other people I have read about who neglect their kids, forget to shower or eat, etc. Still, I think it was in 2008 maybe that was practically the only game I would play for any gaming time I did.

I heard samething about Everquest before WoW, I had minor incursons into games, only those I could play, most I didn't have Knack, I loved Dark Alliance, beat that one, Dark Cloud, Zelda, Wing Commander !&!!, my fav XWing Alliance on PC

Reading books and comics now but I loved getting sucked into playing video games, Diablo (when I was a kid) and all things Sims.

1. Naming & pairing my action [dolls];
  2. Computer programming;
  3. Various logic puzzles;
  4. Anything that requires formulating a plan.
#1 is pretty settled right now, but that always gets disrupted whenever I commission a new [head].

Puzzles and computer games mainly. Was also big into snooker as a kid - still interested but haven't played for a while.

When I was younger puzzle games. Now it seems hard for me to focus on anything, probably because of mental health issues that occurred for me later in life.

Fighting games or role playing games, can play them for hours on end, especially if I'm recording footage for my YouTube channel.

New Threads

Top Bottom