• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I an aspie/autie?

Am I an aspie/autie?

• Probably Not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely Not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a hard time with making friends and I have extreme emotions, for example: My friend leaves the table and I think its because of me and I get really really anxious. I am very different than all of my peers and I have a deficit in creativity. I am also extremely unorginized at times. I have been told I am extremely intellegent by many people. I also dont understand others emotions and I am not afraid to hurt someone if I need to. I had a speech delay when I was young.

Facts
IQ: 130-150
Vocabulary level: Lower Bright (111)
Aspergers symptoms: I show most

There are many, many traits that come with Aspergers, and quite a few of them can also fit other things, so really, you need to read and research all you can and objectively see just how much does fit you. I do not tend to think anyone over the internet can really say whether you do or not without actually having some real life interaction.

There is also an only test/quiz that can help you with a self diagnosis of Aspergers. I was formaly diagnosed first, but took it anyways and I am most definatly an Aspie. Mikie

There are many, many traits that come with Aspergers, and quite a few of them can also fit other things, so really, you need to read and research all you can and objectively see just how much does fit you. I do not tend to think anyone over the internet can really say whether you do or not without actually having some real life interaction.

Could you tell if someone had asperger syndrome if you have it yourself? I cant see me knowing if someone has it unless they told me, but i dont know if thats an aspie thing or a me thing haha

Could you tell if someone had asperger syndrome if you have it yourself? I cant see me knowing if someone has it unless they told me, but i dont know if thats an aspie thing or a me thing haha

I have usually been able to tell since researching a lot, and just being aware of my own traits. I once posted in a topic someone had started about this on another forum, and there were quite a few others who said they could usually identify someone on the spectrum. I just find that somehow, those on the spectrum tend to have certain mannerisms, a certain thing about them, that stands out among those not on the spectrum, to me personally.

New Threads

Top Bottom