• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alone Again...Naturally (sort of)

Oh! JDartistic I just assumed you were living on the boat, hey a boat is a great way to get friends to drop by, even better if you ply them with snacks etcetera.. And all you have to do is leave a painting or 2 out on deck and get your easel or whatever out on good days...hardly any group around is more likely to buy paintings than boat people. You really can't go wrong, just be willing to look engaging and chat with them a little. Painting down on the boat may be more fun anyways, maybe I will do that.:D Boat party- boat gallery Yeah!:cool:

Yeah & I even have a bigger advantage - my boat is a rare wooden vessel (only 2 on the planet!) so she draws a crowd everywhere she goes.

I've thought of a boat gallery - think I'll try that now. [emoji41]

"JDartistic, post: 231702, member: 2828"]Yeah & I even have a bigger advantage - my boat is a rare wooden vessel (only 2 on the planet!) so she draws a crowd everywhere she goes.

I've thought of a boat gallery - think I'll try that now. [emoji41]
A excilent idea I think and much more fun than sitting in the house, cute girls wind waves birds much more fun.:D I need to finish fixing my boat soon, am tired of roasting in the sagebrush...the lack of a good women makes it even worse.o_O

That sounds like an amazing idea. Your boat itself is a showpiece, and one that can move to the most opportune location. Having your art displayed on the boat would make coming to your gallery a unique and, enveloping experience and, people are going to want to take a piece of that experience home with them.

I think you have a potentially very lucrative plan going.

It does sound like the perfect marketing platform, doesn't it?

Thanks Maelstrom! & maybe now I can inspire you to go fix your boat! She won't be happy til you do. [emoji41]

It does sound like the perfect marketing platform, doesn't it?

Thanks Maelstrom! & maybe now I can inspire you to go fix your boat! She won't be happy til you do. [emoji41]
If that is your boat it is nice, looks like the one Hemmingway had. :D

Yes, that's my boat. She's a 1930 Elco Marinette. I converted her to electric recently, so she cruised silently. The perfect river boat. She's cedar planked w mahogany interior. I've only had her for 2 years & she's mostly been at the yard for restoration. Very expensive! But I think in the years to come, she'll be a huge part of my life. [emoji41]

Yes, that's my boat. She's a 1930 Elco Marinette. I converted her to electric recently, so she cruised silently. The perfect river boat. She's cedar planked w mahogany interior. I've only had her for 2 years & she's mostly been at the yard for restoration. Very expensive! But I think in the years to come, she'll be a huge part of my life. [emoji41]

Lucky dog, I'm thoroughly jealous:D looks like a really nice boat to live in.:cool:

I'm envious of that boat. I am rebuilding a pontoon boat, and it will be a fine boat but, it isn't going to be the beauty that one is and, with only two in the world, I will never have a boat like that.

I'm having a meltdown but I just decided that I need to be alone.

People cause me to self-loath but if I eliminate people, all of my troubles go away!

It's not a bad thing! I just have to accept this Fact. I still have books & poetry...& Star Trek!

I'm being honest here. I am not loved. Even my family 'disowned' me. I recently had a health issue & even my doctor rejected me! Everyone does. Friends, lovers - all disappoint...

But I am strong - bc I have to be! I'm not naturally alone. It's a hardship for me but I have learned one simple truth -

SOLITUDE is my only friend.

My only successes in life is when I face things alone!

That's my truth...not my choice but my reality. I just have to accept this fact. Only then will I soar!

(Still a hardship, though.) no matter how brilliant, what good is it if no one sees your work?

Meltdown. Sorry...
Well, I can relate to the alone thing. I heard a saying a while back. Went something like, "life would be great, if we didn't have to deal with other people.

Anyway, don't believe the lie that your going to be rejected by everyone as it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

That said, I can really relate to what you said. I know the Lord must have some reason for me down here, otherwise I'd have gone home by now. Just wish I knew what that reason was. [emoji1]

New Threads

Top Bottom