• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Almost everyone in my family is showing autistic traits

Im just going to make a list for my sisters, brother and dad for you guys

Sister 1 (26):
Was oppositional during teenage years
Doesnt understand money
Doesnt understand others emotions

Sister 2 (24):
Hyperactive
Gifted
Doesnt make direct eye contact
Doesn't listen and jokes around
Has social issues

Brother:
Smart
Doesnt understand others emotion (Severe)
Doesnt know when people are getting bored
Im not too sure if he makes eye contact or not

Dad:
Social issues/Lack of social skills
Speech delay (other development problems likely)
No eye contact
Does not care for social connections
Stubborn
pervasive interests

What disorders do you think my family has.

I can't really say what disorders your family may have, only a qualified psychiatrist or psychologist can do that. It is very common for ASD to run in families and often when a person is diagnosed, other family members realise that they have traits too. Learning and knowing about ASD traits makes it easier to pick up on them in others. Some of these traits do sound like ASD traits, but they could be personality traits too - it's difficult to draw the line between what is a personality trait which makes the person just seem a bit eccentric and what are enough symptoms of ASD to add up to a possible diagnosis. If you see that a family member is struggling to cope because of the traits, then it might be a good idea to mention the possibility to them.

New Threads

Top Bottom