• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ahoy :)

EdenPrime

Hi everyone,

I have been recently diagnosed with Aspergers. When I was assessed they did not let me know that they were testing me for Aspergers. I think I would have declined if I had known, as I have gotten no help with dyspraxia since I became an adult (I often wonder if people think that it magically disappears when you are older.. It has gotten so much harder since becoming an adult) so I guessed I would have no help if I were diagnosed.

I guess in a way I am okay with knowing now, at least I have people to talk about it online :) and I know there is nothing wrong with me. I'm just different. :)

More about me (I'm rubbish at introductions) -

I am 22 and live in Wales, UK. I am married and have four awesome cats and a hamster. I like video games and watching TV series (mostly sci fi). :)

Welcome to AspiesCentral!

You say you like video games . . . your username is a nod to the Mass Effect series, is it not? :D

Welcome Eden, to a forum of like minded ppl. Looking forward to a bit of online banter.

Cheers
Turk

Hi everyone,

I am 22 and live in Wales, UK. I am married and have four awesome cats and a hamster. I like video games and watching TV series (mostly sci fi). :)

Hopefully what makes the cats so awesome is their ability to peacefully coexist with your hamster!

Ahoy as well....come on in, the water is fine here. Welcome to AC!

welcome to aspie central Eden, don't worry you will fit in ok, we do not judge people, we only support people in times of need and joy.

Hi Eden, I love cats but don't have any atm. Doctor Who and Star Trek have been particular faves of mine since I was young. Hope you have fun here. There are nice people here.

Hi everyone,

I have been recently diagnosed with Aspergers. When I was assessed they did not let me know that they were testing me for Aspergers. I think I would have declined if I had known, as I have gotten no help with dyspraxia since I became an adult (I often wonder if people think that it magically disappears when you are older.. It has gotten so much harder since becoming an adult) so I guessed I would have no help if I were diagnosed.

I guess in a way I am okay with knowing now, at least I have people to talk about it online :) and I know there is nothing wrong with me. I'm just different. :)

More about me (I'm rubbish at introductions) -

I know what you mean about dealing with Asperger's as an adult. There's just not of resources out there in the traditional medical/psychological community; it's largely geared toward children and teens. But you sound pretty happy and well-adjusted, so good for you, and best wishes!

Mamajulia

New Threads

Top Bottom