• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A man and his dog, adventures in living life

Keigan

Restless Mind
V.I.P Member
My dogs name is Keigan and I adopt his name as my screen name. Keigan is an Irish Water Spaniel, 8 years old, he early detects for cancer which makes him very unique.

My name is not important today, I'm 53 today and will be 54 in a few weeks.

Throughout my life I've always felt like I did not fit in, I now know why as I explore my DNA and I discover the spectrum.

I'm in a long distance and distant relationship with an NT Empathic Female, she has described me with some colorful metaphors that helped to initiate my discovery and self-diagnosis of being on the spectrum. Through our interactions it is clear that I do not feel "love" the same way that she does, and that is a bit of an upset for her. For myself, "love" is a learned behaviour of actions that when repeated do help others to be with me, they are most certainly not warm and fuzzy.

I've always had challenges in romantic relationships, the more I explore ASD and Alexithymia the better I understand the reasons why - also my DNA holds the to-date recognized markers that push the possibility along.

I also seem to attract the same type of NT Empathic Female and the results are always the same. Now I understand that their attraction is probably a "Cassandra syndrome" of believing that they can help me to feel more, only to quickly realize that I can never connect with them in a way that can meet their Empathic needs.

With this new understanding, it would be fascinating to date an asperian female for the understanding and acceptance, and ability/passion to explore our traits.

I am overly sensitive to noise unless it is pitch perfect like the symphony, I love to hear the movements of Bee'thovans 9th move around on the stage.

Crowds overwhelm me, so I avoid them. Eye contact is a practiced skill, I clearly need more practice.

Sex, all good, it is a great workout and I'm ready for a cheeseburger and milkshake afterwards.

I have many other traits, still understanding and digesting.

In many ways my emotions are indifferent, it is my actions and respect for others that provide me value and confidence,

My best aspie experience has been attending a support group every two weeks for the past few months. To actually see the traits in others is helping me to recognize the traits within myself. Also, to understang how much of a foundation of self-discipline based monitoring and execution that I have as coping skills. I clearly see the value of my coping skills, to help others be with me.

I embrace my self-diagnosis and my quirks, I celebrate self.

Last edited:
My career has been of IT Contracting, which has been unknowingly perfectly suited for my attention span, in that everything is new again every 12 to 18 months. That is also about the timeframe that people recognize that I have challenges connecting with others, and that my mind solves problems differently in approach and speed. The speed is usually much faster than others can accept, so a throttle my responses to make it look like the solution took a tremendous effort.

Last edited:
A late introduction is better than no introduction!

A belated welcome.

It's good that you've embraced a peer support group. As good as forums like these are it can't beat physically being there, talking to other people. I've made some good friends through mine - a mental health centred one, and they're always there for me when things get rough, which is more to than what my other friends have been like. I would like to have a good connection to other autistic people in real life, as well as those who have Tourette's like me. It can feel a bit lonely in that case dealing with certain issues.

Dogs are awesome. I used to have two. We lost our Irish Red and White Setter last June. It was a very hard time for us. We still have our little springer spaniel to at least distract us for the lose we still bear heavily.

Dogs are magnificent..

giphy (20).gif

Day three of the migration from Seattle to Los Angeles. We have stopped in St George UT for the night, then seven hours tomorrow to reach my sisters. I look like Jed Clampet of the Beverly Hill Billies with my truck loaded down and dragging a rented trailer. Steak and green beans tonight.

That sounds just like me, even the IT part, although I found IT was slowly killing me as I feel the same stress that clients with IT problems have.

I seem to have very strong empathy for that, and for local emotional atmosphere, but I cannot identify emotions well, and I only really experience love by indirect, cognitive processing of all the variables.

I do seem to be able to stimulate lovey type feelings by first thinking deliberately "I love this person". If I do that repeatedly it seems like lovey stuff arises after a few days.

Then it disappears again because I'm thinking about a new TV, or planning work projects:)

Hello by the way.

Hey Rocco! We will land in Northridge. Currently back in WA to swap vehicles, nice that the sun is shining in CA OR and WA.

We have relocated to Joplin Mo, yes We live on the destruction path of the 2011 tornado. I took a contract role here as I needed the work.

We have a new'ish 1 bedroom townhouse, the lower level is sparse and vast enough to play ball indoors which the dog loves. Also I can throw the ball into the upstairs for him to chase. We found groceries, local park, local swimming hole on a river.... don't need much more right now.

I sat down with that mapping app this weekend and collected some interesting facts. We are:
- 1300 miles from the nearest relative
- 600 miles from ocean
- 800 miles from the mountains
- 900 miles from Canada
- an additional 2000 miles from North Korea as compared to Seattle

I'm not concerned about the risk of invasion by Canada or Mexico.

Today I was released from my contract employment.

I've been working there for six weeks cleaning up a huge mess, now they have cancelled all kinds of work and releasing me because there is not enough work. Actually they released three other people this morning.

Back to square one looking for work.

Today I was released from my contract employment.

I've been working there for six weeks cleaning up a huge mess, now they have cancelled all kinds of work and releasing me because there is not enough work. Actually they released three other people this morning.

Back to square one looking for work.
I'm praying you get a full-time job

New Threads

Top Bottom