• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A crumbling hut with your family or adoption by a rich family?

The hut or adoption?

• Adoption

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • The hut

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

alien girl

Let's go back to the time you were underage. Say your parents say they're going to live in a crumbling hut in Mexico and live in poverty for some reason, their job demands it or something. They're going to help the poor like Mother Terasa or whatever. They give you a choice to go with them - they'll have enough money to buy food and send you to school in a poverty-stricken neighborhood, or you can stay in USA and get adopted by a nice rich family, keep going to your old school, and see your friends.

I'd take the hut. My brother was the only person I could ever really relate too (also an aspie), and I can't imagine being taken away from him. Also there are my parents and my (then baby) sister. A hut, a palace, who cares? All the same to me. I'd probably spend most of my day outside with my brother anyway.

I knew someone very closely at one time who really was one of those persons adopted by a rich family.

While growing up she felt only one thing- as if she were a pet or a mascot. Not a daughter or sister. It devastated her, as well as being separated from her biological siblings.

I'd choose the rich adopting parents. That way I could get all the cool toys. However, I would try and wheedle money out of them to send to my family. Maybe threaten to do disgusting things when company is over if they don't. I am not a complete DB.

Adoption. I was horribly upset with the treatment I got from my 'real' family when I was a minor, and having to live in a hut would just make it worse.

As much as I love money, fear poverty, and recoil at the thought of living in Mexico for ANY reason, I still gotta pick the hut.

Originally, I was sure adoption would be my choice. But the thing is, my dad's in the last years of his life, his health is deteriorating, and the thought of his impending mortality is tearing me apart. It wouldn't if he didn't mean a lot to me, so that tells me how I really feel. So yeah, I pick the crumbling hut in the anus of the world.

New Threads

Top Bottom