• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your favourite dog breed?

Labradors and Border Collies are my 2 favourite breeds.
And luckily, I ended up owning a Labrador X Collie Cross. :)

17888686_1286397008148446_226524956_n.jpg

Well, I'll always be partial to Yorkies first and foremost. :)

Though locally I'd be remiss not to mention how important the "Nevada Greyhound" is here locally. I mean, a lot of money changes hands in those races. This is serious business, folks. :p

Nevada_Greyhounds3_zpsgq0tiqpx.jpg

And they're off! Well....sort of. :D

Nevada_Greyhounds_zps5kk6ifro.jpg

* No electric cattle prods were used in this event. But then in this heat they were all going in the same direction. Wonder how that happened? :confused:

Nevada_Greyhounds2_zpsfsklcuqw.jpg

Last edited:
I have several... Belgian Malinois, German Shepherd Dog, Dutch Shepherd (Hollandse Herder), Rottweiler, Dobermann, Pit Bull and Staffie, Belgian Tervuren.

Chihuahua. We have 6 of them. Our kids are all gone and have families of their own, so they are our babies.

Theoretically I like standard poodles and border collies the best since they are easy to train because they are so smart. Practically, I just get myself ready for a dog to come into my life and a rescue dog shows up and moves into my life and my heart.

The last one was a chow mix and he was absolutely wonderful. He appreciated my rescuing him and would do just about anything once he understood what I wanted him to do. I thought he was the best dog in the world. I am sure I will think the same about my next dog, whatever breed(s) it is.

If I had to chose, my top 3 would be: cocker spaniels, dachshunds, and shih tzus. Growing up around my grandparents, they had a cocker spaniel named Buffy (or Buff Buff as people called her), who they had since my mom was growing up. Unfortunately, my grandparents had to put her to sleep when she went in for surgery and the vet discovered she was filled with cancer. I don't really remember a lot about her but I do know she was fat! Probably because people fed her a lot of scraps and she went after anything she wanted (she ate my mom's 6 inch from Subway in one gulp :fearscream:). But she was also bloated from cancer towards the end of her life. I also love shih tzus because the dog that came after Buffy is a shih tzu and I adore her to pieces. While I had four dogs throughout the time my parents were together, we ended up giving them away and Princess is probably the only dog I considered growing up with because I've had more time with her. She's going to be 11 in October. And I like dachshunds because they look like little sausages :laughing:

New Threads

Top Bottom