• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your favourite dog breed?

Yeah the smaller one. :D

But its probably because it was my first dog (and second, and third, and fourth...

If we had got something else, something else would probably be my favorite.

However, if any mad scientist ever tries to breed large Chihuahuas, put them down. The scientist I mean, cause those creations will take your arm off. ;) But they are fine small cause you can just scoop 'em up if they go mental on you.

We have five Chihuahuas and you are right about them. I once told our vet that I was glad that they weren't big dogs because they would be dangerous. He said that if they were big dogs they wouldn't act that way. It's natures way of making up for lack of size.

Beagles are my favorite breed. They're definitley not for everyone. They have an uncontrollable need for food and a desire to roam free. But I love our two because they also have so much personality it's like they are actually people.

My favorite breed is the wolfdog. I've got three of them in my "pack"

HaNik.jpg

Last edited:
We have five Chihuahuas and you are right about them. I once told our vet that I was glad that they weren't big dogs because they would be dangerous. He said that if they were big dogs they wouldn't act that way. It's natures way of making up for lack of size.

I think thats true, but wouldn't it take several generations for them to adjust? Those first generations could be real terrors! :D

... but he never failed to surprise me with his joy, affection, intelligence and ability to steal potatoes and assorted funny foods when I wasn't looking. He used to hide the stolen food under his doggie bed, at different times I found a raw chicken, several potatoes and a pound of butter.

Its really amusing. Mine are all compulsive thieves, especially from one another. I call it 'The Game of Bones' or 'Grand Theft Bone'.

Hi all, I had a German shepherd called major, I rescued him and he lived with me for about 12 yrs, don't think I have the heart to get another , it's just too painful when they go. I have his ashes on my mantle piece .

I currently own a Pug puppy. My favourite dog breeds include Pugs, English/French Bulldogs and Pembroke Welsh Corgis. They're quite similar to each other in personality.

I've also had a fondness for Shih-Tzus, Basset Hounds and Labradors as well.

I can't narrow it down to one breed. I can narrow it down to a type though! I love shepherding and herding dogs, followed by hounds.

Can't afford to feed a big hairball like that right now, so I've just got a little chihuahua / shih-tzu mix. Great personality. She only gets aggressive when really big dogs come into the yard. Took her a while to get that way though, where we used to live had a nasty dog next door that would come into our yard and jump her. She never got to go outside unless we were there to protect her.

Pit bulls all the way...

So loyal, dedicated, and willing. Great with kids and other animals. "Noble" strong look to them... easy to train because they want to please so very much.

Lots are afraid of them or "know someone" who heard z bad story... but that is the same as racism. Why is hating a breed different than hating a race? Blame the owner/trainer, not the dog.

Bill Burr does a comedy sketch about his pit bull... very funny and true.

What a question! How can I pick just one breed? That is damn near impossible for me to do. All dogs are great :D At present I have a Samoyed (a rescue, just fyi) and he is the biggest darling ball of fluff ever. I love him to bits and I would get another Samoyed in the future. Previously I have owned a Border Collie, Tenterfield Terrier, Cairn Terrier x Pomeranian, German shepherd x Labrador, Blue Heeler and several Basset Hounds when I was growing up. I will be totally honest and say I thought they were all the best dogs in the world. I've also had a bit to do with greyhounds through a rescue group and my tertiary studies used them for us to practice bandaging etc on and they are also a lovely, placid breed. My parents have a Bernese mountain Dog and he is a lovely dog too. Very big and with a very destructive tail when he is happily wagging it (ornaments and cups of tea stand no chance). I guess I am a "love the dog you're with" kind of person.

New Threads

Top Bottom