• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Zionism Question

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
I have this online acquintence. He said he's very interested in defending Israel from Anti-Zionism. I didn't even know what Zionism was so I looked it up. This was what I found:

A Definition of Zionism

So anti-Zionism means he's against Zionism, but he says defending against so that could be a double negative. Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out if he's against Jewish people or not. I don't want to hang out with him if he's discriminatory. Even if he doesn't dislike Jews, does anyone else find it weird he's trying to almost saying he wants his religion (Christianity) to win in Israel? I could ask him but I'm sort of afraid to. What do you think he means? Half of me just feels like I should end things with him anyway. Thoughts?

I have this online acquintence. He said he's very interested in defending Israel from Anti-Zionism. I didn't even know what Zionism was so I looked it up. This was what I found:

A Definition of Zionism

So anti-Zionism means he's against Zionism, but he says defending against so that could be a double negative. Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out if he's against Jewish people or not. I don't want to hang out with him if he's discriminatory. Even if he doesn't dislike Jews, does anyone else find it weird he's trying to almost saying he wants his religion (Christianity) to win in Israel? I could ask him but I'm sort of afraid to. What do you think he means? Half of me just feels like I should end things with him anyway. Thoughts?

No he's pro Israeli. Anti-Zionism is against Israel.

This is my understanding of this subject. First consider the distinction between Zionism from the perspective of Jews versus Christian Zionism. They are not the same.

Zionism to Jews remains a militant, nationalist movement to reassert the idea that ancient Canaan/Palestine is exclusively Israel. An official Jewish state. Having nothing to do with Christianity- period.

Christian Zionism was born of the Protestant Reformation. A biblical interpretation citing that the Jews must come home to Israel, but not simply to preserve Judaism. That it was a first step in the intent to convert all Jews to Christianity, and facilitate the second coming of Christ.

Something officially not condoned by the Catholic church to this very day. Clearly the Vatican wants no attempt to "co-mingle" their religion with that of Judaism. I suspect some of those at the top of the Christian "pyramid" still have some very fundamental animosities regarding that King Herod and his clergy were so complicit in sending Christ to his death. That while the Romans crucified him, it happened primarily based on the due process and religious concerns of the Hebrews.

Christian Zionism's very existence remains an affront not only to Muslims, but also to the Vatican and many Jews and Israelis as well. Those who do not trust the intent of Christian Zionists given their ultimate goal- to convert all Jews to Christianity and make it the official religion of Israel. To essentially end Judaism altogether.

Seems to me in this day and age just about any religion expressed in a militant fashion is just looking for unnecessary trouble. IMO not a very popular thing to advocate for the obvious reasons. I'll leave it up to you to decide how this may play in whatever relationship you have or had with this person in question.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom