• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your job is killing you

Ylva

V.I.P Member
Facts presented in a humorous way by Cracked. Your job is killing you and getting away with it.

That guy in the video is not me.

I still work (volunteering, contract jobs and maintaining a farm) but I haven't had a proper job in almost eighteen months now. They're horrible things and every minute I'm on someone else's payroll, I can feel my soul slowly rotting away.

I heard - and someone who knows more than me can confirm whether this is true - that you're less likely to hold and keep a job if you're on the autism spectrum than if you have Downs Syndrome. Also that people with ASD are frequently overqualified for the jobs they work out. When I heard this, I felt a palpable sense of relief that it wasn't just me.

hahahahaha Hillary and her pantsuits!

But yes... all that and more. I quit my engineering job 2 years ago. Good riddance. Now I sew for etsy and am way way happier.

The unemployment rate for someone with Asperger's syndrome is far higher than for any other disabled or disadvantaged group. I should know, I'm 53 and have never had a job and despite literally begging for help never receive any.

Facts presented in a humorous way by Cracked. Your job is killing you and getting away with it.

That guy in the video is not me.

Yeh I think my job is killing me. Electronics engineering is not a good profession for an Aspie. Only a daily basis I have to deal with too much noise, an office that is overpopulated and cramped, a management structure with no clue . But at 45 I don't think I have time to retrain, so I am predicting a stress related heart attack with 2 years. Oh well **** happens!
PS like your dog photo.

Loved the video, nothing is funnier than the truth.

I work as an electrical lineman, though not an office worker, I am used to my job trying to kill me.

The unemployment rate for someone with Asperger's syndrome is far higher than for any other disabled or disadvantaged group. I should know, I'm 53 and have never had a job and despite literally begging for help never receive any.

I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and I am neither disabled or disadvantaged. I am 69 ,have always had a job and never have received any kind of help. Maybe it is not the Asperger's?

I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and I am neither disabled or disadvantaged. I am 69 ,have always had a job and never have received any kind of help. Maybe it is not the Asperger's?
I think it's important to note here that asd affects all of us differently. I also held a steady professional job for 9 years.. Never considered myself disabled and would go so far to say that I excelled at my job. And then my company restructured and I got a new boss and it was all a downhill spiral from there as I was expected to perform different types of job functions (ie project manage). Not everyone is as lucky as we were to find the right job. When things got bad for me, I was lucky enough again to find something that could pay my bills and I now have a very successful etsy and budding Amazon shop and I love a comfortable life for myself as well as an "office" I absolutely love. I have another wonderful aspie friend who also has a very successful online business. But not everyone has the skill set to make it happen. If sewing wasn't an intense special interest of mine, I never could have been successful on etsy. And quit frankly would have no idea how to make money online otherwise.

I think it's important to note here that asd affects all of us differently. I also held a steady professional job for 9 years.. Never considered myself disabled and would go so far to say that I excelled at my job. And then my company restructured and I got a new boss and it was all a downhill spiral from there as I was expected to perform different types of job functions (ie project manage). Not everyone is as lucky as we were to find the right job. When things got bad for me, I was lucky enough again to find something that could pay my bills and I now have a very successful etsy and budding Amazon shop and I love a comfortable life for myself as well as an "office" I absolutely love. I have another wonderful aspie friend who also has a very successful online business. But not everyone has the skill set to make it happen. If sewing wasn't an intense special interest of mine, I never could have been successful on etsy. And quit frankly would have no idea how to make money online otherwise.

You are absolutely right. I just think that people, both Aspies and NTs , are a little quick to blame problems on Asperger's.

New Threads

Top Bottom