• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite computer games

I remember when I was little, I always used to play Pinball, Solitaire, Minesweeper and Spider Solitaire on my Dad's computer - Simple games but fun. :D
I also played a chess game he got me for a while.

When I was at high/secondary school, we had a network game called "Butches" where you got a character, changed their clothing colour and gave then a weapon (machine gun, laser, phaser, flamethrower or rocket launcher) and then walked around a map trying to kill all your opponents or you could choose to be a bystander and help out your friends while chatting to them. It was a lot of fun for a group of first year high school pupils. :D (Programs Created Using the Peter)

Nowadays, I've played a fair few computer games. Robot Wars: Arenas of Destruction and Trainz Simulator 2009 have been my faves. :)

I love the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition but unfortunately I've found that train simulators can be a bit unrealistic.

Ive just got back into Team Fortress 2 after having a 4 year break after getting obsessed with it.

My favorite type of pc games are the first-person point and click adventures. Myst, Riven, The 7th Guest, Shivers, Shivers 2, Beyond Atlantis, anything like that. I'm hoping that when the Occulus Rift comes out, I'll be able to use it with games like that. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to be able to run around in RealMyst in full 3D? Just the thought that I might be able to is enough to make me want one.

Last edited:
This will be not surprising to anyone, but my favorite computer game is pacman. I play a libre implementation called myman which runs in a terminal. This is convenient for me because I use a text console for a lot of my computing.

To be honest, I'm not a huge gamer for a couple of reasons. The first is that don't find it that interesting, but that's a completely subjective opinion. I prefer programming and solving problems over playing games. The second is that most games don't adhere to the FSF's definition of free software. I don't care if I have to pay for game as that isn't an issue or problem for me. Free software has nothing to do with money.
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software

Well, Sins of a Solar Empire and Empire Earth were and still are some of the bests in my opinion. As for recent, I would have to say Fallout: New Vegas, the Mass Effect trilogy, the Metro games and Alice: Madness Returns are currently holding my attention.

I like Subeta, Neopets, and Dragoncave (they're all free websites), and I like Bejeweled Blitz (the only game I play on Facebook). I used to play those downloadable games like Toontown and Wizard 101. I miss Wizard 101... too bad you had to pay real money to fully explore the whole world. Some people I know are obsessed with Minecraft, but I don't need to be addicted to more things.

I don't know if you guys have tried Scribblenaughts before, but I just bought it this morning and played it for a few hours.

I think it'll make a great educational tool for expanding vocabulary for young children and it's really enjoyable even for adults. I highly recommend it.

Navy Field is my favorite,Battleships oh yeah:

2ch18r9.jpg

I recently bought DuckTales Remastered and I love it, even though each level seems to have one little part that's impossibly difficult for me (even harder than the boss!). It makes winning feel even better though. :) I also love Snood.

I really, really hate being broke. I've been wanting to play that game since it came out, but I just can't spare the cash. Something really cool is that Disney apparently approached them about redoing that game because the people in charge now are big fans of the series. I've even heard that the final volume of the series might finally get a dvd release next year! Fingers crossed...

I really, really hate being broke. I've been wanting to play that game since it came out, but I just can't spare the cash. Something really cool is that Disney apparently approached them about redoing that game because the people in charge now are big fans of the series. I've even heard that the final volume of the series might finally get a dvd release next year! Fingers crossed...

I paid for it with an Amazon gift card I redeemed from SwagBucks, so you can do that and get it for free. I do hope they release volume 4 soon! I've been waiting for it ever since I discovered that it doesn't exist. I have the last 25 episodes pirated on my computer instead so I can still watch (and edit ;) ) them. If Disney doesn't like that, they should make them available to buy. I'd also love a full soundtrack with all the background music... *goes into Aspie monologue about how much I love DuckTales*

Neopets. I have been playing since I was 10 years old. Every so often I lose interest, but it always sucks me back in eventually! I have tried pretty much every other virtual pet game as well. My other favorite is Aywas. When I was young I really liked games like Snood and Oregon Trail II, as well as Stardoll. I tricked my mom into buying me recurring membership on that one... it was only $5 a month though and she never figured it out.

Neopets. I have been playing since I was 10 years old. Every so often I lose interest, but it always sucks me back in eventually! I have tried pretty much every other virtual pet game as well. My other favorite is Aywas. When I was young I really liked games like Snood and Oregon Trail II, as well as Stardoll. I tricked my mom into buying me recurring membership on that one... it was only $5 a month though and she never figured it out.

Wow, people still play that game! I remember playing it along with Runescape and Age of Empires 2 when I was around 10, congrats for being a long time player! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom