• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your comfort zone

I am fortunate enough to be able to live alone, therefore, my comfort zone is my entire house; but especially my small home office, which is located at the back of my house and really quiet. All I can hear, here in my den, is the wildlife in my back garden and my dogs' gentle breathing. Utter bliss to me.

On my twice daily walks with my dogs, who are my best friends :)- I can usually dodge people by escaping to secluded areas only the adventurous would dare to go. Being out in nature and (at this time of year) watching the beautiful sunrises with my two constants at my side (or off chasing foxes or deer:p) - while most people are still tucked up in bed - is glorious.

My quiet time and solitude makes everything worthwhile.

I am fortunate enough to be able to live alone, therefore, my comfort zone is my entire house; but especially my small home office, which is located at the back of my house and really quiet. All I can hear, here in my den, is the wildlife in my back garden and my dogs' gentle breathing. Utter bliss to me.

On my twice daily walks with my dogs, who are my best friends :)- I can usually dodge people by escaping to secluded areas only the adventurous would dare to go. Being out in nature and (at this time of year) watching the beautiful sunrises with my two constants at my side (or off chasing foxes or deer:p) - while most people are still tucked up in bed - is glorious.

My quiet time and solitude makes everything worthwhile.

I have a small repair business, so I also have home office. However, it is much more than just a office. I guess you could say that it is my man cave. My desk and computer are in there, along with a TV (and a video player for the grandkids), a gun safe (because we have grandkids), a couple of recliners (for the grandkids) and a couple of bookshelves (for me). This is my comfort zone and where I usually am for my alone time. I am very, very lucky to have a wife who understands me and my need for alone time.

I enjoy being in the quiet & solitude of the back country also, but we can not take the dogs. They are Chihuahuas and the biggest one is just under five pounds. So almost any wild animal is a threat to them. My wife and I always go in to the back country together or with one of our kids. At our age our hikes are short. We get to the extreme back country in a Jeep. It is well equipped for the task, so it is easy for us. I miss the days when we used to find a old logging road or trail and walk down it just to see where it goes. Those were the days.

I feel most comfortable when I'm reclining and reading a book (or listening to a podcast) and sipping a hot drink.

When the family lived here, it was the basement where my stuff was. My computer, music and instruments surrounding me. Sonic isolation from the others. Even though it was freezing in the winter and would aggravate my legs.

Now they're gone, I'm still getting used to the rest of the house, because there was no place for anything of mine before. Right now I'm liking my reclining loveseat where I can watch my old school TV and satellite gear.

I like it most when I don't have to go anywhere.

New Threads

Top Bottom