• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yep. I'm Asperigin. That's OK with me.

Aspie-FL

Hi. My name is George

I am 65 years old and for my entire life I've known I was different. I'm not defective, just different. I have Asperger's Syndrome.

I've raised a great daughter, worked hard, and I've always had extreme social anxiety.

I have a quest, and if you can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

When I was 8-years old, I diligently practiced an Alvin & The Chipmunks song to perform in front of my grade-school class, with the help of my acquaintance, Dave.

When it came time to perform, I just couldn't. I called in sick to school that day. I've never forgiven myself for that act of cowardice.

Dave never talked to me after that.

At this time in my life, I have a burning desire to perform music as a singer/guitarist, because I believe I have something to say and a unique way to say it. My abilities are not in question. My "stage fright" is.

I have cancer and would really like to "ride the bull" just one time, to complete this quest.

Many thanks for your kindness and input!

George

Hi. My name is George

I am 65 years old and for my entire life I've known I was different. I'm not defective, just different. I have Asperger's Syndrome.

I've raised a great daughter, worked hard, and I've always had extreme social anxiety.

I have a quest, and if you can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

When I was 8-years old, I diligently practiced an Alvin & The Chipmunks song to perform in front of my grade-school class, with the help of my acquaintance, Dave.

When it came time to perform, I just couldn't. I called in sick to school that day. I've never forgiven myself for that act of cowardice.

Dave never talked to me after that.

At this time in my life, I have a burning desire to perform music as a singer/guitarist, because I believe I have something to say and a unique way to say it. My abilities are not in question. My "stage fright" is.

I have cancer and would really like to "ride the bull" just one time, to complete this quest.

Many thanks for your kindness and input!

George

Go for it.

Public speaking's the worst fear for everyone. So I'm assuming sharing music would be the same thing.

I always avoided show and tell at school and refused to give 'oral reports'.

I wrote poetry as an adult and never dreamed to share it publicly.

Then I did.

I've never looked back. It's the most awesome feeling in the world.

Problem is, you've got to be willing to deal with the heebie jeebies beforehand. It happens every time. But when you're in front of the people it goes away. Then you're flying like a kite for like a month.

It's so worth it.

Cheers ♥

I am also a 65 year old aspie and agree with you, not deficient just different. I don't know how to help you except to say social anxiety is quite common among us aspies.

GO FOR IT!!!!!
GO FOR IT!!!!!
GO FOR IT!!!!!
GO FOR IT!!!!!
GO FOR IT!!!!!
GO
FOR
IT!!!!!

(and forget about little Dave, because little Dave was being a little prick)

Oh, and welcome.

Welcome :)

Your post really spoke to me. I have a friend, who is going through a rough time right now. He's had to struggle with a great loss quite recently, but has risen to the occassion by facing his greatest fears. He would tell you that facing your fears can be one of the greatest, and most rewarding experiences you can ever hope to endure. You have my support, and my respect, for wanting to face this fear head on.

New Threads

Top Bottom