• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

******Xmas Safety Warning for all Dogs and Cats*******

maycontainthunder

May also contain missing cakes.
V.I.P Member
Everyone please, please remember that dried fruit ESPECIALLY raisins and sultanas are deadly toxic to dogs and cats. Dog V4 had to be rushed to the vet last night because my idiot father went and gave him some mince pie. While Mum was at the vets a lady called because she'd caught her cat eating dried fruit. Apparently it is even worse for cats than dogs.

Dad's idiocy cost £600 in vet bills and Dog V4 is fine if hungry.

Keep your pets safe this Christmas!

Omg, I'm so sorry!!! :( I'm so glad Dog V4 is okay!
I would be so angry if someone did that to my dogs. I'm angry that that happened to you.

Hope these lists will save a dog or cat this holiday. I send them out every year.

list-of-toxic-foods-for-dogs-791x1024.jpg
are-poinsettias-poisonous-to-dogs-bambi.jpg
human-food-and-cats-551947_Final-5c055110c9e77c0001f3f06a.png

Had a dog die because he was obsessed with avocados - don't know why. He choked on it.
Had a cat who loved to drink beer from my guests' glasses... Never seemed to have any effect on him.

Another thing dogs shouldn't eat is horse poop. Which won't be a problem if you don't live in the countryside. But who knows.

Another thing dogs shouldn't eat is horse poop. Which won't be a problem if you don't live in the countryside. But who knows.
Or bird poop. The dog that won the Westminster Dog Show a number of years ago died from eating bird poop. Very shocking and sad.

Il nostro cane è "sopravvissuto" 14 anni senza aver mai ricevuto questo promemoria

1671634776272.png

Attachments

• IMG_20221221_133000.jpg
    IMG_20221221_133000.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 46
Glad Dog V4 is doing all right. Our first December at the new house, I had gone out to shovel the driveway and in that time Rue managed to pull an old Christmas cactus out of its pot and our idiot greyhound ate part of it. While it does cause gastric upset, it is not actually poisonous. It gave Zwi the runs for three days (he was exiled to the garage (heated and insulated and the that December was super mild) for the duration of that issue.) Needless to say, neither dog has bothered a plant again, and Rue Dog is no longer allowed out unsupervised, even when I'm just outside the front window...

I'd never heard about dried fruit before, I used to give Ruby bits of fruit cake all the time, with butter on it.

Onions garlic and chilli too, she didn't get tinned food very often, she got whatever I was eating. She loved chilli.

Glad to hear that Dog v4 is alive & well--and I hope your dad covers the vet bill; that's really not a great idea to be like "oh look, random animal; let's feed it something--If it perishes, so be it!"
I know everyone wants to be nice but still.

Glad to hear that Dog v4 is alive & well--and I hope your dad covers the vet bill; that's really not a great idea to be like "oh look, random animal; let's feed it something--If it perishes, so be it!"
I know everyone wants to be nice but still.
Dog V4 is terrible for begging. He sits there shuffling his feet with cute mode at 200%. This is exactly why I have jars of dog treats on my desk! He can be cute and get a treat the size of a fingernail balanced on his nose.

Thanks all for the supportive comments. I just thought to call a warning. It's that time of year when we are far more likely to have things on the deadly list in the home.

@alex

Some cats can tolerate milk; some can't.
Diarrhea would be a thing with the ones that can't.

Mine are ok with cow milk.
Once in awhile I give them a treat of a spoonful of goat milk yogurt.

My cat is ok with cow milk. One thing I didn't know though was the dried fruit thing! I won't allow my cat to have them! Sadly he did like a bit of Christmas cake. He didn't seem to have any adverse reaction to it. But I won't take the risk for sure now!

I discovered he liked Christmas cake when I dropped a small piece on the floor while cutting it. He pounced on it and in a flash it was gone. Every year since, he always goes nuts when we have Christmas cake so I have always given him a little bite. I feel pretty damn stupid for not knowing about the risk!

Sadly he will be disappointed this year. But his health comes first. My joke is that he wants "you foods not me foods!". He will get plenty of turkey to make up for it I suppose! :)

Milk is toxic for cats?

Really - I have never heard that one before
Maybe “toxic” is a stretch but some cats can’t digest it well like tree said.
Just like some dogs are fine with cheese and not others.

Lilies, be it pollen, stalk, leaves, or petals are highly toxic (lethal without immediate intervention) to cats.

New Threads

Top Bottom