• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WRAP and Aspergers.....

bigfootjrf81

Hello!

Just curious: I am a certified WRAP facilitator. Just recently discovered I potentially have Aspergers. Would like to know if anyone else has heard of WRAP before. If so, what does your plan look like? What kinds of triggers, early warning signs, etc.?

Thanks!!

~~~The Bigfoot~~~

Hello!

Just curious: I am a certified WRAP facilitator. Just recently discovered I potentially have Aspergers. Would like to know if anyone else has heard of WRAP before. If so, what does your plan look like? What kinds of triggers, early warning signs, etc.?

Thanks!!

~~~The Bigfoot~~~

I haven't, since you facilitate it. Why don't you tell us more? To start off with what does WRAP stand for? I'm curious. By the way, welcome!

Sam:

WRAP stands for Wellness Recovery Action Plan. It is a recovery therapy model, which seems to be rising quickly in popularity.
The WRAP is usually conducted with a three-ring binder. It is a very empowering document. I work with people who often lose control over their ability to reason or even abstain from hurting themselves or others. Anyway, the WRAP helps these folks retain control over their lives, as the WRAP is given to a group of supporters. It is quite similar to an advanced directive. It consists of 6 main sections:
Wellness tools
Daily maintenance
Triggers
Early warning signs
When things are breaking down
Crisis plan
Post-crisis plan

Whew!! Hope I didn't overload you:) I teach this recovery model to my clients.

Thanks for asking. Feel free to ask more!

~~~The Bigfoot~~~

No, you didn't at all. Thanks for sharing. It sounds good. Do you have a lot of success with those that go through it?

Ello bigfoot. I have been tasked with this, have been avoiding it for many years, but time has come and employers frustrated enough to demand it. I'm a mental health nurse and am well versed with wrap but for yourself is one thing and for an asp is another. For years my unwell behaviours I perceived as well behaviours and vice versa. Also asp is not an illness just a difference so do hard to see ill and well me.

New Threads

Top Bottom