• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would you be interested in completing a survey on microaggressions?

c4e461

V.I.P Member
Hello again – my name is Jolynn Haney. In September I posted a request asking for folks to participate in a research project on Microaggressions. Most of the research on autism has focused on children, and many studies don't directly ask the autistic person for their views (instead they ask teachers, parents, etc. to speak for the autistic person). We want to hear directly from you about your experiences with microaggressions.

A microaggression is when others negatively label or judge you because of your autism diagnosis. For example, a person might tell you that you don’t “look” or "act" autistic.

Here is some information you need to know:

· You must be an adult (18 or older)
· You must have an autism diagnosis or identify as being on the autism spectrum.
· To participate, you will complete a 37-question survey.
· It should take about 15-20 minutes to complete the survey.
· Your participation is voluntary.
· Your answers are anonymous and confidential.
· You should have a private area where you can complete the survey online

If you have questions, you can contact me or my colleague:
Jen Cullen [email protected] or Jolynn Haney [email protected]

We will make the results of this study available to you after we complete it.

Please click this link to go to the survey or copy and paste the following link into our browser:

https://widener.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_08LmbJNPA7tndQx

The first page you will see is an informed consent that gives you more detail on the study.

The Widener University Institutional Review Board has approved recruitment for this study.

I hope you will consider taking part in this research - the more responses we have the more confidence we will have in the results. I really appreciate your time and interest, and to those who already completed the survey I want to say Thank You Very Much!
Jolynn

I get micro-agro-sessions when my blood sugar gets too low. Only Donuts and Apple Fritters (also conveniently sold at most donut shops) contain the right type of monostablular B+13 sugars to correct the balance.

zhyde.jpg

dunkin-donuts.jpg

I hope this helps your research.

;)

I think she means 'breed' of human! :D

A lot of these questions are vague and very often would not be a negative thing (or 'micro-aggression', as you call them). For example, if I've been questioned about having autism or asked to give proof, it's been to my advantage (i.e. the person asking was offering extra support or other things based on the fact that I was autistic, which was a positive thing for me). And if people are surprised when they find out that I'm autistic, I'm pleased as I've spent many years learning how to fit in better. A lot of the questions I answered 'yes' to would be 'yes, and I was happy about it'.

Last edited:
I think she means 'breed' of human! :D

A lot of these questions are vague and very often would not be a negative thing (or 'micro-aggression', as you call them). For example, if I've been questioned about having autism or asked to give proof, it's been to my advantage (i.e. the person asking was offering extra support or other things based on the fact that I was autistic, which was a positive thing for me). And if people are surprised when they find out that I'm autistic, I'm pleased as I've spent many years learning how to fit in better. A lot of the questions I answered 'yes' to would be 'yes, and I was happy about it'.

That’s a great point - thanks for your feedback.

New Threads

Top Bottom