• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why I am Here

Noah Wylie Sanders

Master Procrastinator
Hello, all who happen to stumble upon my thread among the waves of many others who are affected by this disorder - or whatever you may refer to it as. I hope that all of you are having a wonderful day, and that your daily responsibilities have been attended to prior to reading this. (Trust me, I am very much in the same boat.)

I'm very excited to join this community. I was surfing the internet, researching the subject of misanthropy. I eventually came across a thread in this forum, and it seemed to be a forum on which the most timid and thoughtful speakers coalesce to converse various topics. Do not come under the impression that I am not affected by autism - I myself have suffered from Asperger's, and have been incredibly disadvantaged by it for the past six years. I have never particularly embraced it, as it has brought me incredible pain, both in the online and tangible world.

Though I have been learning eagerly for years, I still have much to discover, and I am willing to listen to any who have advice.

Hi Noah Wylie Sanders :)

welcome to af.png

Do not come under the impression that I am not affected by autism - I myself have suffered from Asperger's, and have been incredibly disadvantaged by it for the past six years. I have never particularly embraced it, as it has brought me incredible pain, both in the online and tangible world.

Though I have been learning eagerly for years, I still have much to discover, and I am willing to listen to any who have advice.

Hi Noah, sorry to hear that you feel disadvantaged and that you've "suffered pain". I feel that I can tell from the formal way that you write, and from your extensive vocabulary, that you have Aspergers. To me, that's the sign of a kindred spirit, because I too tend to write in a formal way (and have been told in the past that people have found it threatening, or that I cam across as too serious). At first, I thought it was because I'd had legal training and thought perhaps that was why even my emails sounded to the reader like a "lawyer's letter" in a contentious matter, but have realised I've probably always been that way and now try to be more informal and use contractions etc. Even on online dating sites, men have said I sound aloof, which isn't how I see myself at all. So it may be that others have formed misconceptions about you, based on how they have perceived you through your style of writing, rather than you as a real person. That's unfortunate, but it's likely based on a false assumption. I hope you find people kinder here.

New Threads

Top Bottom