• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why does everyone think i’m a troll or not being serious?

Yes, I have seen posts in which a couple of people were accusing you of being a troll. But remember, that was just two people, who don't speak for everyone.

You do focus on the negative a lot, and have a tendency to reject or even react against people's views or advice, but that certainly doesn't make you a troll. People often don't like it when their advice/opinion is rejected or criticised and react against it, hence the troll accusation.

Well, do you get called a troll? Do you realise how hurtful it is? People are derailing your thread and your reputation by openly accusing you of making a deliberate mess of things. That’s a hurtful accusation, if you don’t have such intentions.

I think when some of us have experienced significant bullying it is difficult, if not impossible, to turn off that internal warning system that picks up on perhaps just a few cues and puts us into "I am in danger" mode. In "I am in danger" mode most rational input doesn't matter. Like if your smoke detector starts going off because steam came out of the bathroom after a shower and then you have to try to wildly wave a towel under it to try to get it to stop. The alarm had a stimulus, the program is designed to not discriminate between shower steam and direct scorching flame, it goes off just as loud either way. So people who have been programmed by their experiences to sound the alarm can't discriminate between something not actually threatening and something truly dangerous. They're programmed to warm at any sign of danger. I hope the analogies made sense.

So I think this is more a matter of trauma that may be exacerbated by autism spectrum characteristics than autism alone. I highly recommend looking into that aspect.

I think we are often accused of being trolls though, so it starts to make you think “wait am I a troll?”, question your own ability and make you hesitant about creating threads or participating in forums as you know that you’re going to end up with that one person calling you out as a troll.

The abuse is what i’m confused about. I literally did nothing.

I don’t understand why they were goading me!

It looks like they're annoyed at you for wasting their time with things you made up. It's a little hard to understand because I don't know the jargon, but it seems the implication is that you're lying or don't know what you're talking about or both. It sounded like he said you expressed irrational fears.

I don't know anything about the subject and am not accusing you of anything. I'm just saying that the post you linked to seems to say those things. I have no opinion on the matter.

It seems to me they believe you did lie, despite the fact that you did not. He said "not buying it," which means he doesn't believe you.

It's hard for me to say for this one because of the technical things involved that I don't know anything about, so I can't really tell what you did because I don't understand what anyone is saying.

Well, do you get called a troll? Do you realise how hurtful it is? People are derailing your thread and your reputation by openly accusing you of making a deliberate mess of things. That’s a hurtful accusation, if you don’t have such intentions.
No one had ever called me a troll, though I have been accused of other things, and yes, that bothered me a lot. Though i put it behind me. Yes, I realise that such an accusation can be hurtful.

I sent the moderator a message asking him to discuss this with me and this is what he did. :(

I am really upset. This is not fair! :(

Attachments

• 57F3EEF0-C345-48F3-A78A-61D173589D77.png
    57F3EEF0-C345-48F3-A78A-61D173589D77.png
    624 KB · Views: 0
We with Aspergers always seem to be a target of forum moderators don’t we? We always get abused or banned, simply for behaving as we are.

I wish there was a way for us to do something about this.

Is that a thing among people with Asperger's? It's not something I've experienced. It seems more like a continuing of your pattern.

Last edited:
Haven't you noticed that all of your threads begin in negativity and end in conflict?

But it coincidentally fits into the pattern. That's all I was saying.

New Threads

Top Bottom