• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who lives in London

I'm going to be in London in a few months, but I am young and do not know how my family members would feel about meeting up with a stranger. If we can form a group aspies, you know, like a kind of gathering, they'd surely be fine with it though. I come from a very rural area and have only ever met a couple of other aspies in person. Funny, I was actually about to post something similar in order to meet other aspies during the trip so I wouldn't be dragged along to crowded tourist sights. : )

I've tried to arrange group meetings before but no one's really got back to me I'll try again though sounds like a lot of fun I've never met a fellow aspie so would be really interesting ....where in London will you be staying

I've tried to arrange group meetings before but no one's really got back to me I'll try again though sounds like a lot of fun I've never met a fellow aspie so would be really interesting ....where in London will you be staying

Firstly I am un-diagnosed, but I have little doubt in my own mind that I am an Aspie.

Context to me is a very important element of my coping strategy; I can successfully deal and get on with people in a work environment because we have the work in common, I can interact with my fellow band members at rehearsals and gigs because we have the music in common and so on and so forth. The problem arises when the same people offer to meet socially, then I do have problems and try to avoid such situations arising.

This is why I now am in the position that I find myself in a fairly high powered job, working away from home, in a city of nearly nine million people and feeling completely alienated and alone when I walk among the thronging crowds of the Southbank. I would therefore be interested to know if there are others like me in London who have similar problems of interaction and would be interested in getting together for small informal social events during the week.

Regards,

JM

Hi Bubbles

Essex certainly is not far- do you ever venture into London on a weekday evening?

Not really, to be honest the undergrounds worry me, and not because of the aspergers but because of all the bad stuff that has happened, makes me a little wary

Not really, to be honest the undergrounds worry me, and not because of the aspergers but because of all the bad stuff that has happened, makes me a little wary

I do sympathise I travel down on a Sunday evening and currently also pay a premium for the place I stay during the week to be in walking distance of work; just to avoid the tube when it's busy- although I still have to suffer it on a Friday evening.

I hate the way people feel they can invade your personal space with impunity- I saw a device on the internet which extends out spider like legs from a collar on the wearer's neck depending on mood- I might make myself something similar, but it would just be permanently extended.

New Threads

Top Bottom