• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who is your favorite superhero and why?

Garrett

Mine is Daredevil. The disabled, yet gifted, son of a washed up boxer and a nun. It used to be Batman, but then I realized how much Murdock's life was like my own. (Hiding sensory overload sound familiar...?)

I'll go with Deadpool... probably the strongest argument is... well.. Deadpool!

Breaking the 4th wall in comics, being aware he's in a comic and cracking jokes, but still getting the job done seems full of win to me.

Runner up might be Gambit; I've always had an interest in the more shady, rogue-like characters (though I'm more inclined to side with villains rather than heroes in general). His background is quite interesting, as is his mutant superpower, by potentially turning everything into a projective/explosive.

And then there's Spider Jerusalem, who doesn't have any powers at all. He's a journalist, but he lives in a rather dystopian world and brushes it off with a lot of humor. He does portray a more cynic anti-hero with a lot of commentary about the world he lives in. I'm overall interested in cyberpunk and dystopian stuff, so his cynic world view in such a world is quite amusing.

Oh, and a few guys from Watchmen.Rorschach... which probably is similar to Spider Jerusalem, just more grounded in this world I guess. The Comedian feels a bit Rorschach, just more sociopathic, whereas Rorschach is probably a bit more antisocial. And Dr. Manhattan of course... I mean, omnipotent seems like a good trait for a superhero.

Mine is Underdog,
He is the most humble, and has a real job. He also has a super cute girl that he has a crush on but cannot tell. Sounds like life to me.

Hi mine is superman he always had to put on an act for both roles guess which role is the asperger one yes you guessed it the super one lol

I guess I don't really know a whole lot about Deadpool other than he has an extremely devoted fan base who are furious about that Godawful Wolverine movie. I LOVE Watchmen though. Its one of the most brilliant things Ive ever read. All of the little details that fit together is so amazing: "Like oxygen spontaneously becoming gold."

I guess I don't really know a whole lot about Deadpool other than he has an extremely devoted fan base who are furious about that Godawful Wolverine movie

Well, it was a terrible representation of Deadpool, but in a way including him in the story of Wolverine was relevant; since.. you know.. Weapon X and stuff.

The thing with Deadpool is, is that he's funny and at times obnoxious and sarcastic. Hard to get that point across if you portray Deadpool with his mouth sewn shut, lol.

Okay, so everyone who knows me here should know I really love superheroes. I can't pick just one. And if I listed them all, I'd post the longest paragraph in the universe. But I'll name a few that people might not expect:
  • Sailor Moon and her friends, because sometimes you don't know just how strong you are just by being yourself.
  • The Avatar (all incarnations; Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra). It takes true courage to promote peace over war and strife.
  • Finn and Jake (Adventure Time), because they're never afraid to use their imaginations.
  • Elisa Maza and her gargoyle friends (Gargoyles), because you don't have to be related to be family.
  • Alfred Pennyworth (Batman), a symbol of true loyalty.

Last edited:
I'll go with Deadpool... probably the strongest argument is... well.. Deadpool!

Breaking the 4th wall in comics, being aware he's in a comic and cracking jokes, but still getting the job done seems full of win to me.

Runner up might be Gambit; I've always had an interest in the more shady, rogue-like characters (though I'm more inclined to side with villains rather than heroes in general). His background is quite interesting, as is his mutant superpower, by potentially turning everything into a projective/explosive.

And then there's Spider Jerusalem, who doesn't have any powers at all. He's a journalist, but he lives in a rather dystopian world and brushes it off with a lot of humor. He does portray a more cynic anti-hero with a lot of commentary about the world he lives in. I'm overall interested in cyberpunk and dystopian stuff, so his cynic world view in such a world is quite amusing.

Oh, and a few guys from Watchmen.Rorschach... which probably is similar to Spider Jerusalem, just more grounded in this world I guess. The Comedian feels a bit Rorschach, just more sociopathic, whereas Rorschach is probably a bit more antisocial. And Dr. Manhattan of course... I mean, omnipotent seems like a good trait for a superhero.
I have read one Deadpool comic, but my real liking for the character started after watching the following ;):
I used to have a crush on Nightcrawler. Partly because I was charmed by him as played by Alan Cummings. I also liked that he was Catholic (I am Catholic) although there were points in the comics when that aspect got a little weird. :confused:

I don't know if I have an all-time favorite superhero, but lately I've been thinking about how much I can relate to Bruce Banner (AKA The Hulk). We're both relatively mild-mannered guys who are nevertheless incredibly angry deep down inside.

I have a lot of favorite super heroes. But, I really have to say Robin. More in the Teen Titans area though. His character is a self working leader who is the strongest, yet is powerless unlike the rest of his team.

He is very influenced by Batman, although he wouldn't like to admit it. He however does like to do things his own way. He can get obsessed with not knowing things, especially with Slade.

He is also took on no relationships with teammates for the longest time. Which ended up with Starfire being his best friend and sort of new with human life. Find it hard to understand. However, he does finally give in Trouble in Tokyo. And Starfire and Robin do become a couple.

This picture shows how even though Robin is serious, he is deeply insecure. The thoughts that are shown are quotes from villains, names, and so forth. It really just captures Robin's hidden distress.
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1404405026.549035.jpg

-CR

Hawkeye because he's a superhero but he's just a typical human who happens to be wicked badass. Also I love archery. Plus apart from being a good Hawkeye in the Avengers Jeremy Renner is hot.

I think Batman, because you don't need powers to be awesome. :D

Just use your parents money to fund some awesome gadgets and go get trained in martial arts.
Then draw up a cool suit to mask your identity.
That'll do! :p

Give me any Starfleet Captain. They have to brave incredible danger, and shoulder enormous responsibilities.

Steven Universe! Half human, half alien Gem, trying to figure out how to access and master his powers, while growing up into his humanity. Curly black hair (how often does that happen?)! Informed by strong women.

Aside from the character, love the animation style and music of the show. The normalization of LGBQT relationships. And that both my kids will actually sit and watch it with me. :blush:

Batman because he was the first one to interest me as a child. It's odd that I spent my entire life hating Superman for being overpowered and boring and recently he's been one of the most interesting superheroes to me. Maybe it has something to do with the optimism and hope that the world desperately needs right now. Shame his current movies don't reflect that.

New Threads

Top Bottom