• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who here feels bad about what they said in the past?

Ana54

I don't think my mother is shithead anymore and I feel bad for saying that. Also, Stan is not scum and my dad is not a brat. They just sometimes act like that but that doesn't mean they are that.

There's been things I've said to people accidentally which have upset them or they've taken more seriously than intended.
I do feel **** for saying quite a lot of things tbh but I don't see what good acknowledging what I've done or regretting or w.e.
EMZ=]

I went through a period of self whipping (and some times I do this) , but when I think about it tbh I feel the same as Mike.

Its not normally things i say its usually things i type and then realise a few days later that i shouldnt have said that. With my ex i did say something which came out wrong and she didnt understand what i meant and she thought i was beign selfish and a dick even though i was trying to show i cared and just didnt want to lose her. but then she thought i meant something else and no matter what i said she said u said it u must have meant it. so i regret that. even though 2 weeks after dumping me she admited and said sorry cause she said she never did love me and that she only used me to get over an ex and try to use me to lose her virginity. so i kind of glad i said it so she cudnt hurt me anymore.

Same.

I mainly only lash out when people provoke me.

Same. If anyone sees me having a go at someone, that person probably did something bad to me. Only way to get me off your back is a simple apology. For some reason that works, I don't know why. It's like it releases everything and weight is taken off me and all the hurt feelings is gone and I am no longer suffering.

Treating me like a bad guy would make things worse for me and it brings back the old feelings. It would just take me longer to get over it.

I often insult people without even noticing tbh.
Not as often now I'm older but enough P:.
There are also times where if I didn't retaliate it would have probably stopped months of rivalry.
EMZ=]

At the moment I actually feel a bit bad, cause I often don't recognize other peoples needs, some people are so good at this and I'll just babble on about something in relation to myself, it seems to be my primitive way of understanding other people, I don't, so I will sort of just say what I would feel like, or what happened to me, trying to understand, and at the same time it is a way of trying to let the other person understand that I really would never dare to presume anything about them and their thoughts and feelings. Thinking it is perhaps not so offensive. But then I seem very self centred.
So I feel a bit bad, cause I am not good at this.

I definitly feel bad about things I've said and done in the past which was insensitive.
I have one particular memory of something heartless I did that makes me cringe with shame.

I still feel sorry after 10 years of calling my father a asshole just 2 months before he died
noexpression.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
and i never said sorry
sad.gif
sad.gif

I have said things that I really hadn't meant....luckily I had the time to make amends through action and apologize. I have been more haunted by what I have NOT said in life...letting someone know my true feelings about them (good ones...I tend to not hold back when it is something negative) - although my life turned out very nicely...I had lost a deep love by being too shy many years ago....my first love. However....the greatest love of my life is here and now (my son)....and I don't hesitate to show and say it every day.

Yes, I've said things in the past that I've beaten myself up over for a long time afterwards, even after I've apologized. tbh I still feel bad about telling my mum I hated her, even though it was years ago and we have a good relationship now.

I also regret being too proud at times and holding back when I wanted to show people I cared, but that's something I've learned from.

i have said so bed thing about my dad,calling him a MF so he jest cepes going on like i did not say it (wow)(not cool dad)
my mom i love (i said i love you like 5000000...times) but it my dad that makes me mad... if he looks at my pc and i do not say i am going to password the hell out of it...

I'm starting to get the hang of realizing that no bad comments are true. It helps me be nice to everyone no matter how mean they are. :)

I feel bad about some things that I said or did way back in elementary school. I didn't realize I hurt their feelings until years later. How can you apologize to someone years later for something that you aren't sure if they remember? :(

New Threads

Top Bottom