• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who Else Hates Traveling?

I like traveling, but that may be because I can do it solo.

The issue these days is getting there. Air travel from here is way expensive due to massive taxes...massive, massive taxes...and my bank account is hemorrhaging anyway. The Greyhound and Via don't go anywhere useful anymore, and it's been fully a decade since I last drove.

It stress me out when we go places, though I try not to say anything. I have four kids and I can usually plan enough time to have myself and the four of them ready to go in time (barring the unexpected last minute trips to the potty >_>) but my husband, bless his heart, seems to take forever to get ready. I'll be ready, kids ready to walk out the door and he'll think that then he should get ready, but it still takes like 20 minutes of unplanned time. And I'm sitting here looking at the clock in agitation, calculating the time to get the the destination and realizing we'll be late, etc. Frustrating!

My husband is the same way and it drives me nuts! We're almost always late to everything when he comes with, even though I'll be ready a half hour before we go.

I have a very contradictory love/hate relationship with traveling. I love seeing new places, and love looking at the scenery while riding, but get very cramped up and stircrazy when on long drives. I also cannot sleep whatsoever in a hotel bed. But I have to say I love traveling. Very contradictory.

I'm probably at my happiest when gazing out of the window on a car or bus, but I also experience travel sickness on long journeys. I take medication for this, which helps a lot.

I have a love/hate relationship with travelling. I love exploring new places, seeing new things, and escaping the monotony that is my life. Sometimes, I just need to get away from the city and just escape civilization. It's nice to travel away from the busy, crowded, and fast paced city life to somewhere in the countryside (or even the suburbs!). Also, I love taking pictures and looking at different scenery. For me travelling is not really about visiting people (although I use that as an 'excuse' to travel) but rather to get away from my day-to-day life.

As for the parts I dislike about travelling - I am extremely absent-minded and forget to pack things and lose things. I also hate being in tiny spaces for hours at a time. "Travelling" would be so much more pleasant if we can get to places instantly. Someone should invent a teleportation machine.

I'm like you ... love hate relationship.

I love going in planes. There is something about a plane that I can't put my finger on. I just love being in a plane and flying in a plane. The best part about travelling and going on holiday for me is when I get to go in a plane. The rest of the holiday is irrelevant to me if I'm getting there and back on a plane. And to visit my mum and dad I have to go on a plane to cross the ocean. Its weird because I hate how crammed they are making planes now days. There is like zero room to move and your pressed against the next person and it makes me a bit claustrophobic. Its like the ultimate aspie nightmare ... unless your in premium then its all good.

my husband always tells me "you can't go travelling (as in travelling around europe say for six months) because you get too upset at being out of your own bed even for a couple days". I prefer to sleep in my own bed and usually take my pillow traveling to help me sleep better in strange places. Plus I freak out at leaving my animals behind. They don't cope much better.

I do however love to go to new places and see new things. I just don't do well at the rest of it lol.

I don't hate traveling. I just hate the "wake up early to get there sooner" part... and my family constantly gives me hell for it. lol

I used to absolutely loathe traveling. I'm a bit better now but I still hate it. Now it's more of the fact that I can't drive myself to place than anything else. But still, I hate traveling to places. I have to be in a certain mood to enjoy traveling and it only comes every once in a blue moon.

I have a very hard time leaving if I'm going away for a while. I feel overwhelming grief, and often cry at the start of a long trip. There are a lot of feelings causing this, but I'm not exactly sure how to put it in words. The thing is, I LOVE the idea of traveling. I want to check out new and different places, landscapes, nature... but when I'm actually on a trip, I just want to stay in my hotel room and can't wait to go back home. It's weird.

New Threads

Top Bottom