• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where should i begin?

It actually sounds like Epistemology might be the type of philosophy you find most interesting. Is that what you studied? What was your particular area of emphasis/specialization?

Yes, I would say the question of how we acquire knowledge and differentiate between truth and falsehood is of importance to me. I am confronted with it every day so I suppose I want to try and understand why I can arrive at different conclusions to my peers.

I am also interested in the nature of physical reality however, but I suppose this is largely the realm of physics whilst metaphysics deals only with the the nature of reality itself. Physics appeals to me because I take comfort in the fact that its claims rest on observation whilst metaphysics relies on a priori methods. I suppose this would place me firmly on the Empiricists side!

We mainly studied issues concerning social and political philosophy. Think about liberalism, justice and the nature of citizenship etc... At the end we had to complete a dissertation on a topic of our choice. Mine was on the effects of nationalism. I didn't do the research masters so the dissertation was only 10000 words if i remember correctly and it didn't have to be original work. Just to show a solid understanding of the subject matter.

New Threads

Top Bottom