• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where I Am Now

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
As I process the hurt I felt that turned traumatic because of social isolation, I am understanding the ways I hurt myself. There is still a stern parental voice in my mind that admonishes me that ignorance of my condition was no excuse for the difficulties I brought on myself. But right now I am seeking the ways I can forgive myself. I can understand it intellectually, but seem numb to forgiving myself emotionally.
FB_IMG_1643773295944.jpg

You did the best you could. You are always doing the best that you can.
Care for yourself as you would a little baby. Treat yourself with tender love, kindness and patience. Forgiveness will simply grow from the love you give yourself.

If you forgive yourself -- then you can truly love yourself. You love the good and the bad and the in-between too. This opens up an awareness of yourself and helps you see others in a clearer light because your own emotions don't cloud your perceptions.

So go ahead, cut yourself some slack.

I’m learning to forgive myself too. I found your post helpful @Gerald Wilgus and also the other posts here.

Best of luck to you on your journey of forgiveness and wishing you lots of healing :)

Try amplifying a typical comment from Mr Meany and then turning down his volume. As his negative preachy voice fades, try saying, take no notice of him, he needs to learn to be kinder, he's pretty mean and judgemental at present. Or similar. He's unfair. He always was. Tell him to pipe down because you know more these days than you did back then.

Repeating the above kind, wise words @Gerald Wilgus .
Along with forgiveness, give yourself creds for passing it forward here, because you have shared lots of good words with the forums.

Try amplifying a typical comment from Mr Meany and then turning down his volume. As his negative preachy voice fades, try saying, take no notice of him, he needs to learn to be kinder, he's pretty mean and judgemental at present. Or similar. He's unfair. He always was. Tell him to pipe down because you know more these days than you did back then.
That is so optimistic. I have been having some success in thinking positively about what I have had to overcome that adding this to my repertoir seems good. I am copying some of these suggestions as points of discussion when I next see my therapist.

Everybody. I feel so much acceptance and concern coming from all of you that I am feeling so emotional. When I joined here I could not imagine that. May you all be blessed with rewarding lives.

New Threads

Top Bottom