• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where can I get a free diagnosis?

UniqueChic

One world under God
I know that I have Aspergers and I don't know how to cope. I feel like a waste of space. I don't have any family or any way to pay for an official diagnosis. So much pressure to "get a life" while I have had enough of striving and striving just to barely get by. I just want to live a quiet life. I don't care about materials. I want my Heavenly Father pleased with me.

Are you eligible for medical assistance in your state? Even if you are working, you might be eligible based on your income.

That is a good start. While you are waiting, contact the Autism Society of Texas and see if they can give you a lead on an ASD-trained counselor who will take your later insurance. They, too, may have a waiting list that you can get on while you are waiting for your medical assistance to clear.

Once you start seeing them, they can determine whether your case is severe enough for Social Security eligibility. Not all cases are. Even if you aren't severe enough for SocSec, you will have found a counselor and a means to pay for them. ;)

That is a good start. While you are waiting, contact the Autism Society of Texas and see if they can give you a lead on an ASD-trained counselor who will take your later insurance. They, too, may have a waiting list that you can get on while you are waiting for your medical assistance to clear.

Once you start seeing them, they can determine whether your case is severe enough for Social Security eligibility. Not all cases are. Even if you aren't severe enough for SocSec, you will have found a counselor and a means to pay for them. ;)
Crossbreed, thank you for the information. I will contact them.

New Threads

Top Bottom