• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When I think of me and my Autism. Me having ASD I get ANGRY.

Hi all,

My real name is Jim and my head was messed up by Shrinks, and as a plus I isolated myself for some time.

Here's the thing.

question-chicken-l.jpg

Last edited:
I imagine you are a youngster? Because this seems more "normal" for teens or early 20's, to feel this way, which is understandable.

Older ones, like myself, feel different though and embrace being an aspie, because when you have spent your life feeling different and not understanding it at all, to finally find out why, that is pretty empowering, but had I been younger ie the ages I stated above, no doubt, I would feel the stigma.

I think you need to find out why you feel angry? Is it that you are concentrating on only the negatives? Is it that because you have been diagnosed, you feel trapped ie unable to get away from being aspergic and thus, feel rage at the condition?

Aspergers is different from autism, because even in male's, there is a certain amount of adaptation that we can achieve. We can learn to do things, rather than being stuck with them. Like for example: I can now look people in the eyes, but yes it is difficult still and sometimes, do have to look away, to breath, actually. I can even think: ah I am being too literal here and lower my voice when I am told I am too loud.

If you haven't do so far, why not connect with other younger aspies?

Just say, that although I can get where you are coming from, with how you feel, perhaps right now, aspiecentral is not the best place for you, because you see, it is for people who are trying to embrace being aspies, or for those who want to know more about it; but not for those who are ashamed and wish it away, as that can be rather discouraging when we know that we cannot have a brain operation or something, to become "normal" and so, endeavouring to embrace being an aspie.:)

New Threads

Top Bottom