• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Your IQ? (Free-IQTest)

He he. 138. But, that's consistent with this sort of thing online. Interesting. But, what use is it really? It does test number recognition and mathematical ability, some logical thought and pattern recognition, but that's about it. If you have a good education in maths it gives you a better chance of a higher score, but not everyone is mathematically lucky. Yes, grain of salt, but I don't think iq is purely a sign of intelligence. it's a sign of education, which doesn't mean the same thing!! :D

I much prefer patterns to maths or letters (I hate letters - took me ages to work them out!). I know maths is patterns, but I like visual stuff. anyway, we all have strengths and weaknesses. IQ isn't as important as EQ or social skills in the world. Or, may e they are all relevant and just because one is higher than average doesnt make life easier? :)

-edit; just tried an eq test online. 146 questions! Much more detailed and I think much more useful than the iq test. If the iq test had 146 questions instead of 20(!)....

Yeah, the original one I took at UCB was quite lengthy as well. Yet I scored just about the same back then in 1980.

Does it really mean much of anything? I don't think so. Just another nebulous benchmark. But I've always known I had a talent for discerning patterns in things. Taking a left/right brain lateralization test some time ago also emphasized this ability as well.

Last edited:
I think people with Asperger's may think from a perspective that enables them to score higher on IQ tests, which could be advantageous at times. Back when my dad was in school you would get in based on your IQ-test scores (11-plus, based on IQ tests). He scored almost perfectly and was able to be put into a grammar school in Liverpool (fun fact, he was used to seeing around members of the Beatles such as Paul McCartney and George Harrison). My dad definitely has some Aspie traits, but would probably deny it.

I think the Aspie brain is more efficient logically than NTs. In learning, the focus is on understanding how things work rather than learning to replicate behaviour. This is the type of learning that is effective in mathematical subjects and grasping concepts, but is perhaps not as effective in learning how to small-talk with strangers :eek:

I've done a few IQ tests including the online mensa tests, and all put me around the 153 mark. This one gave me a score of 107. o_O

To be fair, I have had a few beers and went to the toilet during the test, I don't know if they time it too or if the test is made more for fun. Either way, not much importance should be placed on IQ tests. They prove nothing other than how good you are at different puzzles, while that may have some correlation with logical thinking, it's not something that can be applied to real life intelligence.

I got a score of 120 which isn't too shabby considering that most of the questions had to do with numbers and math which I absolutely suck at. If it had been a language and spatial ability I probably would have gotten closer to 140.

I scored a 126 on this test, but with a professional I only got about 109. I think it is because I got a high IQ on the math portion, and that seemed to make up a majority of this test.

The IQ test done in person measures more than what it measured online. You have to read back numbers you hear, give a verbal description of words, etc. I was surprised I only got 109, because I thought it would be higher, but that is more than half the percentile, so I am betting if you all took these in person, the score might not be so high unless you're near genius.

I think that IQ tests mostly just measure a person's basic ability to score well on IQ tests. Yeah, there's a basic correlation to narrowly defined concepts of intelligence, but to me, actual intelligence and the ability to understand and function in the world extends far beyond those things that IQ tests measure.

Like many people with Aspergers, I tend to be well below average in some situations (for example, social intelligence) and far above average in others (for example, pattern recognition). It often takes me months to reliably recall a person's name that I work with, yet I can easily think through and answer obscure geo-spacial questions. The other day, someone asked me how many countries in the world were landlocked and only bordered other landlocked countries. I scanned the maps stored away in my head and said there were only two of them (I hope I'm not wrong there), yet I couldn't manage a single additional comment to keep the conversation going as my mind got caught up in stressing over whether or not I had responded inappropriately by actually answering the question. The conversation ended very awkwardly with the other person saying, "Um, well, okaaaay," then walking away.

So is this evidence of me being stupid, smart or erratic? Am I handicapped, gifted or, a mixture of both? Can a standard IQ test provide the answers to these questions? I don't think so.

I got 144. In the absence of ever having done a proper test, I'm going to stick with this number, it sounds good! :p

Lucky you Sass:) I got a lousy number, not that I am worried abou it. My score was 96 but I don't deal with maths very well.

I scored 135 on the wechsler preschool and primary school test for intelligence when I was 5

On online iq tests I have scored an average of 154 but I don't know how reliable online tests are so I stick to 135

l131.gif
too be honest, I quite like the number, but I highly doubt that it will be correct, i've done some other IQ tests including one from a tv program where you had to answer in time. I have to say, I don't really work good under pressure so the score was way lower. Still I have the feeling that this isn't right too. They are just testing how good you are at making a test, not at how smart you really are.

I did the test 3 times and got the best result on my 3rd time.

Results:
Free-IQTest.net I have an IQ of 76

l146.gif

One of my higher scores, but I have to admit to having done this particular test before. The questions were reasonably easy, but even so there were a couple that just didn't make any sense to me (ex. the one that asks, 'Johnny - or whatever his name is - likes 25 but not 24, 400 but not 300...' There was no pattern that I could discern here).

l129.gif

This is somewhere within the range that I actually fall according to the Weschler, which can't figure me out apparently...
I blew through the first ten questions, but I am horrible at doing number sequence problems. It's something I hate!

I got 109. :)

Though I'll be honest that I resorted to dirty tactics lol! :grinning:
i.e: Run to use my phone's calculator. :neutral:

New Threads

Top Bottom