• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's some ridiculous things you've thought were true?

That there was a god who had a son who died for our sins, and that we would go to a place called heaven when we died... unless we lied or used swear words or stole things.

Yeah I used to think, hang on, Jesus was allegedly born at Christmas, then about 3-4 months later at Easter, He died and rose from the Grave, eh?!

Yeah I used to think, hang on, Jesus was allegedly born at Christmas, then about 3-4 months later at Easter, He died and rose from the Grave, eh?!

I think you missed the many years in-between as he had grown up at the time he died then rose from the grave. :D
(Don't worry - I made the same mistake when I was a kid)

Dad once told me that Dallas, Texas born singer Meat Loaf's parents were called Malt Loaf and Hovis Loaf.

That “I am what I do”, which led me to believe that I am only as valuable as my achievements, and that the only part of my identity that is worth anything is the roles I fill: employee, father, husband, etc.

Those roles do have value, but even without them, I still have an intrinsic worth.
I think many people believe this at one point or another. I know I have.

New Threads

Top Bottom