• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Good Today?

I've had an incredibly restful day. I slept from midnight to 830 am and decided it was an uncivilized hour for a Sunday. I went back to sleep and woke up around 1130. Then I slept from about noon to about 330pm. And I think I could use another nap!

I was not around when my niece was born (now 3). I met her just once last year. This year she runs to me with cuddles and smiles. I love that. And I love that my brother, whom I have not been close to for many years, still cares enough to talk about me and show my photo to my neice when I am not around.

I've got a pretty little garden. A month ago, I didn't think it was possible to have a garden this year, but I realized that I could put all the veggies in pots instead of in the ground, so that I can more easily move them around and access them.

The passionflower has grown into a giant hedge, and creates beautiful shade for the plants during the heat of the day.

Everything is just going really well.

I've got a pretty little garden. A month ago, I didn't think it was possible to have a garden this year, but I realized that I could put all the veggies in pots instead of in the ground, so that I can more easily move them around and access them.

The passionflower has grown into a giant hedge, and creates beautiful shade for the plants during the heat of the day.

Everything is just going really well.
Nice to hear. What are you growing? I've already harvested my German Red Garlic and the paste tomatoes are doing nicely as is the Thai Hot and Cascabel chiles.

Nice to hear. What are you growing? I've already harvested my German Red Garlic and the paste tomatoes are doing nicely as is the Thai Hot and Cascabel chiles.
I have a lot of native plants that I planted several years ago, that sort of come back every year, but in pots I put: rainbow chard, green onions, basil, rosemary, and sage, and something else I can't remember right now.

I had the loveliest morning. I went down to the store and then on the way back I got to spend time with chickens and a pitbull puppy.

I have a cozy home, I have a bus pass so I can go anywhere, I have a daughter who I love and cherish, I have a mind that can think, and a heart that can love.

This is the last month of heat before Pumpkin Spice Lattes and warm fuzzy sweaters come back into our lives :)

I've had a very fun past few days. Went to the zoo, went window shopping, went out to dinner, I even started a new workout routine (well I hope it will be a routine anyway).

- a good cup of coffee
- a glass of ice water
- a morning spent relaxing rather than stressing out
- time with a good book
- my Kindle makes me smile

Oh it's wonderful! The air was so cool out, and we went to a wildlife refuge. There were so many animals. Big flocks of songbirds and geese, families of nutria, 3 mink, lots of birds of prey, dozens of moths, and even a baby pelican!

Last edited:
Today we went to the library, and came home and made food and watched an old Disney movie.

My daughter's been doing school all summer, and really working hard to graduate early. Intensive subjects like Physics, British Literature, Algebra, etc.

She's really worked hard, so on Wednesday I told her she's going to have the rest of the month off. She's a very dedicated student, and won't stop on her own. So I told her flat out that she's not allowed to do any schoolwork until the first Tuesday of September. She argued a little but I was firm. It's vacation time whether she likes it or not!

I'll make sure we have a fun three weeks off. This happens every time I "impose" a vacation on her and she'll thank me by the time this is over.

With her drive and commitment, she's really going places in life!

Last edited:
Other than one or two sleepy hours this morning, where I was only half-awake, I've had my eyes closed and in dreamland since about midnight last night. I woke up around 12:30 this afternoon to the smell of food cooking. While I was sleeping, my daughter made me a plate of fried eggs, toast, and a gentle cup of black tea with milk and sugar. It was lovely.

New Threads

Top Bottom