• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What We Eat - Autism and Food

This is great thank you!!
You're welcome. : ) I've always enjoyed taking culinary-related photos. I'm glad if doing so, can serve a purpose/ be of use to you.

My breakfast: eggs with zucchini, arugula, dried basil and other herbs, ground pepper.

52E88E6A-2DEB-43CD-AD63-5D03B11EE6D8.jpeg

Last edited:
The breakfast ones are all from the internet. I find it amazing that people come to this website and request our personal photos and often demand other things as well. This time it's pictures of our food taken specifically from a bird's eye view. I'm removing my personal photos.

I don't find Emzical's request demanding in any sort of way; I think your judgement is skewed and clouded by the fact that previous people have tried to take advantage of us here, like that "Balance Energies" troll who was being creepy about 2 or 3 months back requesting photos of members faces. I also think you're taking this post way too personally.

Plus this person has been apart of the site for quite some time.

I don't believe you have any right to judge someone for wanting to do something positive for this Autistic Community, even if it does seem a little strange

Last edited:
The breakfast ones are all from the internet. I find it amazing that people come to this website and request our personal photos and often demand other things as well. This time it's pictures of our food taken specifically from a bird's eye view. I'm removing my personal photos.
To be fair, @Emzical does make it clear that it is for artistic purposes for a project, and that no personal information was to be used, and the pictures are anonymous. At least he/she is honest from the start, that he/she intends to use the pictures for a project. I think it's ok; I don't think there is any thing strange or creepy in the request, unlike that person who was asking for pictures of our faces a while ago.

and that no personal information was to be used, and the pictures are anonymous. At least he/she is honest from the start, that he/she intends to use the pictures for a project.

It's not really a question of strange or creepy Progster. The photos themselves have embedded personal information if you know how to look for it, as well as copyright issues. Win 10 has a provision for removing identifiers from the digital files when they are
published on the internet.

My issues with this are that members often make specific demands from members here. As if were supposed to provide them with whatever they request. It's a regular request from some, often quite specific. I don't mind answering questions and giving information but that's where it ends.

My issues with this are that members often make specific demands from members here. As if were supposed to provide them with whatever they request. It's a regular request from some, often quite specific. I don't mind answering questions and giving information but that's where it ends.
It's optional - you don't have to provide anything that you don't want or are not comfortable sharing. Personally, I don't want to, but that's for other reasons. I don't mind sharing pictures of things anonomously, but would never share a picture of my face or anything that could identify me.

It's optional - you don't have to provide anything that you don't want or are not comfortable sharing. Personally, I don't want to, but that's for other reasons.

Agree that I don't have to, that it is optional. Still find the requests demanding and at times exasperating. As if there's entitlement that we are supposed to cater to as members. Sometimes the questions simply go unanswered for those reasons.

Hi Mia, i'm not demanding anything and if you don't want to be involved you haven't actually been forced. It is voluntary and for recreational purposes. It is not to be invasive or nosy, I am collecting imagery of the colours and arrangements. everyone is anonymous as it will only be pictures of food that i will put into a collage.

It's optional - you don't have to provide anything that you don't want or are not comfortable sharing. Personally, I don't want to, but that's for other reasons. I don't mind sharing pictures of things anonomously, but would never share a picture of my face or anything that could identify me.
exactly, thank you for this.

I thought the recent request to post photos of members was creepy, too.
I don't find Emzical's request demanding in any sort of way; I think your judgement is skewed and clouded by the fact that previous people have tried to take advantage of us here, like that "Balance Energies" troll who was being creepy about 2 or 3 months back requesting photos of members faces. I also think you're taking this post way too personally.

Plus this person has been apart of the site for quite some time.

I don't believe you have any right to judge someone for wanting to do something positive for this Autistic Community, even if it does seem a little strange
thank you for this. i'm really astounded at the backlash of this. i know art can be controversial but really this is a new low. i'm not a creep, i'm asking for pretty pictures of food thats all. im not tracing you, im not interested in anyones personal information. its just food... for an art project... its also really offputting to come to a community where you think you would be welcomed.

New Threads

Top Bottom