• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Bowling For Columbine

That film was made thirteen years ago and it is still relevant and that saddens me deeply. The saddest and most frustrating part is that the gun lobby successfully managed to convince people that Michael Moore is a liar and that the film he made about them is complete ********. It's not and he's not. See, gun nuts are afraid of people believing him because they know he told the truth and they know what will happen if people listen.

Who happens to be a military vet (he hires a lot of them) and thus knows how to use firearms responsibly, something the majority of gun owners don't. Think about it: If you were a kind-of-famous journalist who had had threats made against you for no reason other than doing your job really well, wouldn't you want a bodyguard too?

Also, think about this: When Australia had the worst mass shooting in their history, the Australian government immediately said "That's it! No more guns!" and the Australian people said "All right, that's reasonable.". Meanwhile, mass shootings are depressingly common in the US and we do nothing. Even the most basic, common sense things like requiring a background check for all online sales can't get through congress. Why not?

Bowling For Columbine

managed to convince people that Michael Moore is a liar and that the film he made about them is complete ********.
Well he is and the film was, to some extent. Basic film theory suggests that as far as documentaries are concerned they can never be objective. Either the filmmaker uses mostly footage to support their argument or the fact that cameras are there stop things from being completely natural. Rewatch the film and pay attention to how many scenes could only be possible if they did multiple takes.

While I happen to agree with Bowling For Columbine's message, the issue of pushing an agenda is very much an issue for this film and Michael Moore films in general. I remember he did a film on health care and used an example of British health care that was completely untrue. It's been years since I saw Bowling but from what I remember there was never any sources given for the gun crime statistics he used for different countries.

Again, with my own views I support the film but Moore lies or at least manipulates the final cut enough to say you shouldn't trust his films completely. No matter how much is actually true, and no matter how much I disagree with them, the gun nuts will and should always have the right to question his film. I mean the stunt he did when he went to the house with the photo of a dead girl was almost desperate even if it was emotional to watch, and that's the point. Certain things are only seen from one point of view in order to get you on his side.

Maybe both sides would have been happier if he played the middle ground and was happy for guns to be sold if trainings and checks were stricter.

Last edited:
The country is in ****** shape because our political parties are in bed together with the people who have the bucks to get them into office and the people who keep voting for the same tired old Dems and Reps, not 2nd Amendment rights.

No idea why I watched it, but...

bob.jpg

God's Not Dead
Great movie!
Really? I was interested in watching it, ashamed to admit mostly because of Willie from Duck Dynasty. But the trailer made it look really cheap. Like a made for TV movie. Is that the case and you just get over it or did the trailer not do it justice?

I am positivley dying to see this, and I probably will since I have this coming week off from school. How was it?

It was excellent. I can relate to Riley a lot and it makes me think more about emotions' functions. I don't think I ever thought of them before, actually.

New Threads

Top Bottom