• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What things do you like and dislike about the way people talk?

I love all accents except southern and that gets under my skin. Back when I was dating I would not go out with someone who had a very southern accent - just wouldn't say why. Great that I live in the south huh?
I also don't like when people try to talk above everyone else. I try to talk in a way everyone will understand what I'm saying. At the hospital you'd get that a lot. I think many nurses would use large medical term to appear smarter than they were. My patients used to tell me that I was the only one who explained something in a way that they actually understood. You don't have to tell a 90 year old patient they have a heart dysrhythmia, that scares them. Just say an irregular heart beat, but it's nothing to worry about or something you need medication for to control.
I can get talkative and not know when to stop - when I was a kid I used to have to follow my sister around to finish talking to her. But I mostly don't like talking and prefer writing. I love to write. Anyone who reads my responses would probably verify that. lol

New Threads

Top Bottom