• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What the hell is all the minecraft hype about?!

Loopholer

why can't life be beutiful?
I mean, whereever you go, you hear "minecraft this" and "minecraft that." And I believed it was as good as people said it was, so I got it... And then I start to realize how much of a WASTE OF MONEY the game is... (Just to let you know, this is my opinion, and I think it's justified... So please don't fight me in the comments) to be perfectly honest... It's a pretty good game for an architect... They'd love it... But I mean... Like why the hell is it so hyped up?! The ads are all like "this is the best game ever" and to me... It's it's just boring... I just get bored of it really quickly... I like the things that I build to move... So you can do much more with it... Like I mean... What are you going to do with a house... Or pixel art... Nothing (or at least to me). To me, the only way to make the game fun is to mod it or play online... But mods can crash, and players of minecraft are dicks... It's not that I just "hate minecraft" or "it's the worst game ever and it does everything wrong" quite the opposite in fact... If you get some freinds and/or mod it, it's actually quite fun, but if you have no friends or mods, it's not as enjoyable as people say it is, and don't get me started on the pocket edition, that's a game that I despise, it costs $6.00 and does absolutely nothing... Especially if you use an iPhone, the controls are mediocre at best and downright unusable at worst, and you have to have your curser on the exact spot and no matter where you touch, it goes to the cursor's exact position... It makes sense with the computer's and console's limitations, but putting that limitation on a touch screen where you can litteraly tap anywhere, that's a serious sin... I mean, it's just pure incompotance! Don't waste $6 on it, when there are much better games out there... Like simple planes! If you're a building fanatic, then I recommend minecraft, but for the average gamer, I would look elsewhere (also the fighting controls suck, but that's just the limitations of the system (with it's many buttons (and pocket edition, you are just too incompetent to use the touch screen to your advantage))) so yeah, minecraft isn't bad... It's just too limited to me... If you want an open world with little to no limits, I find roblox to be way more entertaining than it, it's got the aspects of minecraft, but also has vehicles, wheapons, and other cool stuff to just mess around with! And it's free! It's like minecraft, but a million times better! So... That's all I have to say, if you agree, great, if you don't, I would advise you to play roblox for a while... And if you still don't agree, I'm down with that.

I should have my 12-year-old Aspie address this -- I know he could weigh in with whole pages of defense. ;)

I don't find fun in any of these types of games, myself, but I know that he also plays and enjoys Roblox.

I should have my 12-year-old Aspie address this -- I know he could weigh in with whole pages of defense. ;)

I don't find fun in any of these types of games, myself, but I know that he also plays and enjoys Roblox.
I think you should tell him to just play the game he has the most fun with

Minecraft is an open sandbox game that gives you freedom to pretty much anything you want within the game.

You can build worlds, you can interact with others, you can team up with others and destroy other worlds...

There is a lot you can do in this game.

Minecraft is an open sandbox game that gives you freedom to pretty much anything you want within the game.

You can build worlds, you can interact with others, you can team up with others and destroy other worlds...

There is a lot you can do in this game.
well... it gets lonely... often, and also, this is purely my opinion, i beleve there are better games

well... it gets lonely... often, and also, this is purely my opinion, i beleve there are better games
Well you can play most of the game in multiplayer...

I personally have no interested in the game and have never played it.

I bought Minecraft: Story Mode a while back, pretty good, and I bought the original on Xbox One last year, not bad but not all it's hyped up to be IMHO.

I play minecraft with my 11 year old daughter, play on PS3 and I enjoy playing, I mainly enjoy designing buildings with redstone mechanisms, making secret doors and trap doors and boobytraps. Daughter also plays on PC, using servers and i watch her play all sorts of online multiplayer games. I find the game relaxing and find myself able to chill and give my brain a rest.

New Threads

Top Bottom