• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What should I expect if I up my dosage of Prozac/Fluoxitine

Your statement demonstrates that you don’t understand and certainly don’t have the information you need to make judgments. I wanted the correction. And speaking of machines, I prefer that my most important machine, my brain, is functioning smoothly, with all the parts and pieces, including lubricant for the gears.
Did you want to be corrected, or did you simply want to stop machine from grinding its gears on you, so you gave into the pressure and let it mold you into a cog.

I also require medication to survive. Raising the dosage would most likely be similar to when you first started it or raised the dosage in the past.

Did you want to be corrected, or did you simply want to stop machine from grinding its gears on you, so you gave into the pressure and let it mold you into a cog.
Remember, not everyone shares in your cynicism or shares your perspective. I have plenty of reasons to be cynical about psychiatric meds and attitudes of the people who prescribe them. I have to keep in mind that my experience or perspective is not universal. While I can express my cynicism to a point, I try very hard not to push my perspective on to other people. You can discourage a person from taking potentially life saving medication, just to make them share in your cynicism.

How is stopping depression, hallucinations, delusions, and suicide a bad thing? I know medication can be harmful, and it has harmed me in instances, but as I said, how are those things I mentioned first bad when it does accomplish that, as it often does?

I may be a little late to the party, but there should be no social stigma about taking care of yourself. I've taken a lot of different medication (including Prozac) above their full dose plus augmentation with antipsychotics for anxiety which might be the next step if you reach the max dose for Prozac. There is also off label, non-addictive, medication you could ask about taking as needed such as hydroxyzine and gabapentin for anxiety.

These can be helpful if you're having a panic attack or to take if you’re anticipating anxiety. If you're not already experiencing any unwanted side effects from Prozac you will probably just find the new medication dosage more effective at handling your anxiety, mainly when you're already in a situation that would otherwise make you anxious. Let us know how it goes, wishing you well.

New Threads

Top Bottom