• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your mental age?

I've often been perceived as very childlike in my behavior/demeanor and how I casually present myself, but my mental age- according to tests since I was young, even... has usually been much older. Emotional age has decidedly lagged behind quite a bit though ha. That is to say I suppose I have an "old soul" but a "childish heart", maybe. [or something else clever? undetermined] Possible I just misunderstand.

I still tend to get along with individuals older than myself. Here I got 41, I'm 32.

My real age is 34. The online test gave me 28, saying: "You have a young and dynamic mind. We can say that you're not a little boy... but nor a real adult!"

Well, you bet I'm not a little boy! Good job guessing it, hahaha. :D

Jokes apart, I do feel much younger when I think about my age. The thing is that I rarely do. I am just being me. And I find very limiting all these unwritten rules how one should behave or think according to their age. Or, better, how one should not behave or think, that some people consider very important.

Some time ago I mentioned in a company of people that I missed my blue hair I used to have years ago and said that maybe I should do it again. I got this a little too outraged reaction from the person I was talking too: "Nooo, blue hair - no! You're signora already!". (I live in Italy, to explain "signora".) This was my face, I believe: o_O. Signora? Me? Hahahaha. I can't imagine I will ever get to be a real "signora", I'm pretty much a kid inside! :p
Got the exact same result! But I'm 27.

I'm 25, the problem is I've been 25 for the last 35 years or so. I sort of skipped from 14 to 25, then got stuck. Thankfully my looks pretty much did too so, not so bad. I think I'll just stay 25 for another 35 years.

I'm all over the place with mental age. I'm called immature a lot in regards to how I handle new things and withdrawal into myself when fearful. I also have a friend who calls me an old lady because I go to bed pretty early (between 9:30 and 10:30pm). Actually 22 but I can honestly say, I've never felt 22, or 21, or 20. I really just don't feel like I've made it to adulthood yet.

I run the whole range between about 16 (my clothes and hair, general appearance is younger) to 85 (quilting, crocheting, going to bed as early as possible). I still feel like adult life is just playing house.

I stopped celebrating my birthday since I was 11 I think... may be I look like that age for that reason. :p

Now, since I was 13 or so people thought I was 18 due to my maturity, but since I look a lot younger I still have to show my ID on a place even being +25 years old because the flight attendant thinks I'm an under 16 boarding alone.

My mental age, I don't consider I have any in particular, in some aspects I'm very mature and in other behaviours people could consider me a child, because you know adults shouldn't look honestly surprised and amazed by something they really like and stuff like that.

10 or 40 depending on the situation, I'd like it to be at the younger end more often, having to be responsible and mature can be very tiresome!

I remember back when I was 25 or so my neighbor kid asked me if I was an adult or a kid because I acted like both sometimes and he couldn't figure me out. Now I would say mentally about 60 but with a lot of 19 year old in the mix.

Preteen. I think somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of my age (I'm not very old, no). So it matches to how old I look. IDed constantly when drinking. Or get sent the owner to talk on their policy of not serving to children. Always fun.

I'm about ten, which is 15 yrs younger than my eldest child!!!!

But the same age as my youngest, work that one out ha ha

But I have the energy of a 260 year old hermit :)

New Threads

Top Bottom