• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your favorite part of the world?

I love Wales, it's my spiritual home. Further afield, Italy, Turkey, Malta, Iceland, are places I have been where I'd love to settle down.

Ever since I saw the movie Jeremiah Johnson when I was 7 years old, I've always wanted to live alone in the wilderness. I'm 47 now so I don't think it's going to happen :(

My favourite places are the Dolomites and Russian Far East, especially Sakhalin Island. The nature is so powerful there and I feel like I belong.

There are many places on Earth that I hope to see one day. Japan and Alaska would be in the beginning of the list!

My favourite places are the Dolomites and Russian Far East, especially Sakhalin Island. The nature is so powerful there and I feel like I belong.

There are many places on Earth that I hope to see one day. Japan and Alaska would be in the beginning of the list!
You made the penguin proud :)

I feel I have not traveled enough to respond to this thread. I do miss Scotland on a regular basis...

My favorite places are generally quite isolated ones, where the landscape is ancient and sparsely inhabited. Have been spending a lot of time in an old beech wood lately, where there is a long-abandoned road bed that is emerald green with moss and lichens and studded with large outcroppings of local gneiss..

Ever since I saw the movie Jeremiah Johnson when I was 7 years old, I've always wanted to live alone in the wilderness. I'm 47 now so I don't think it's going to happen :(

You can always consider a plan to live barely on- or completely off the grid. In this day and age that's probably as close to Jeremiah Johnson as you can get.

BTW, that's one of my favorite films. I suspect many Aspies probably do too. ;)

I must say, I do enjoy living in the mountains and the desert.

For people: Bolivia, Brasil, Guyana, and the Solomon Islands

For personal escape: The Amazon Basin

For beauty: Bhutan, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, and the UK

[EDIT: How do I write "Amazon" without it linking to the bloody shopping site?]

I feel I have not traveled enough to respond to this thread. I do miss Scotland on a regular basis...

My favorite places are generally quite isolated ones, where the landscape is ancient and sparsely inhabited. Have been spending a lot of time in an old beech wood lately, where there is a long-abandoned road bed that is emerald green with moss and lichens and studded with large outcroppings of local gneiss..

Scotland is my second choice, but as it's part of my ancestry I excluded it. This is from my last journey there, up near Glencoe, it was my birthday.

004.JPG

Before I had to move to France, I found my niche in a little seaside town, called: Seaton, in Devonshire, England and despite being in France for over 12 years now, my heart is still in that little town!

Scotland is my second choice, but as it's part of my ancestry I excluded it.

Your photo of Glencoe is lovely! My father would want to throw a trout line in that lake. No need to exclude places on the basis of ancestry, though! I think we often feel a particular sense of belonging in places that were home to our ancestors.

When I moved to my present home, I liked it for many reasons. Only later did I discover that my family had lived here in the 18th century! Some cousins are buried in the city cemetery. I also helped with an historic property survey a few counties north, which included something else I did not expect: my great-great-grandfather's homestead, from another branch of our family! So I do think we are often drawn to places which seem "familiar" because the environment shaped our families.

If you'd have asked me a few years ago, i'd have said Finland. I went through an obsession with the place...I listened to Finnish music almost all the time, was learning the language, compiling my own little fact folder lol but this past year or so I've felt an obsession with a deep rooted attraction to the middle east and south asia...I've never been abroad but would love to go...I have many friends in India and Pakistan who are eager for me to visit but not got the courage to go yet! One day...I do want to tour the middle east though and maybe learn Arabic while i'm there.

New Threads

Top Bottom