• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is one thing you like about yourself?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
One thing I like about myself is how hard working I am. I make sure that I do my best each and every day. I like to work hard because it shows that I am a determined and honest person. I like to keep it real and be generous.

I don't think of myself in terms of like or dislike. I just "rock what I've got."
I do consider myself to be blessed on many fronts, however.
Count Your Blessings (Instead Of Sheep), Bing Crosby (1954)

While my general sense of self is dislike, I do rather admire my erudition - especially when I must dumb something down I just said to someone so that they might understand my point.

I have to think long and hard to find one thing I like about myself, but I may say what I like about myself is my wide range of interests.

I like the fact that I have an insatiable need for learning and I love the fact that I have had, and do have, several special interests that I can take deep dives into. It has led me to have a better understanding of the world around me than most people, which has many advantages, and in many ways, offsets many of my potential autism-related misunderstandings of human behaviors. I study, I experiment, I do things and make decisions based upon what I have learned, and often times I absolutely go against the common stream of thought and/or I am often 5, 10, 20 years ahead of it. I am a dreamer, a planner, and a doer, and I generally don't listen to naysayers. In fact, I rarely listen to people, at all. I am on my own path.

What I like about myself is many-fold. I am just what I like about me. But if I do try to put into words, it becomes a tangled web.
I'll try. I like that I enjoy spiders (web reference) and spiderman (comics reference). I like that I have an eidetic memory, and recognize that it is unreliable for certain things. I like that I am deficient in some areas (in some, very deficient) but barring those, I can learn anything. I like that anything is a special interest until I get bored with it. I like that some things I got bored with, I can come to again years later with renewed vigor.
Basically, I like being myself.
I do wish society was easier, though.

I like feeling like a watcher with a never- ending thirst for learning.
Curiosity's cat.
I've always relied on my mind to solve what needs to be solved in my life.
Lack of brawn led to exercise of brain.

One thing I like about myself is how hard working I am. I make sure that I do my best each and every day. I like to work hard because it shows that I am a determined and honest person. I like to keep it real and be generous.
Nice!

I guess, if I had to chose...other than my musicianship, or my willingness to learn empathy...one thing which I like about myself is my ability to persevere, and work hard to see something through til the end. It may be exhausting and it may break me, but I'll do my darnedest to finish what I start.

It took me 10 minutes. When coming to this post I thought it would be easy. But many things I thought I liked about myself are actually things I don`t like personally. But I do because it is beneficial to others. (won`t go into detail)

But I guess if I had to choose one thing that I actually like about me for ME. It is my intelligence. And ability to see and solve problems easily/creatively.

The only thing I don't like about myself is my dimished capacity for emotional regulation. Other than that I'm content with who I am

New Threads

Top Bottom