• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think of Antipsychotic drugs?

Thank for trivializing my fears. If you had been up on as many different meds as I have and suffered through all kinds of debilitating side effects like I did, maybe you'd see it differently.:rage:

I have, and I don't. It doesn't matter what a person experiences in their life, this statement will still never be correct: "So if you have a condition that requires drugs to be treated, you're screwed no matter what."

I've been on Seroquel (Quetiapine) to help make me feel calmer and less overloaded (so I can't speak to the anti psychotic effects of it). It worked for that, which is something as everything I tried before that didn't work. BUT it had some major side effects for me: 1.) Drowsiness/sleepiness. You could not ask me to work out or do anything that required any focus in the mornings. I felt like I was on another planet or under water or something. 2.) I gained (IMO) a lot of weight on it and it also increased my appetite a lot. Both not great things if you have a history with eating problems. However, when I stopped taking it the weight slowly fell of without me having to do much about it.

So in short: It worked for me but it wasn't a long term solution.

My personal experience being prescribed antipsychotics was very negative. The first one gave me violent, very violent thoughts, which naturally became obsessions. The second one caused my right arm to feel restless, numb, and I had a nearly overpowering urge to hit it against something. There were also very unpleasant hormonal changes that caused my body to think it was pregnant. These types of drugs effect all people differently.

It sounds like the medication you are using is very beneficial to you. I would not worry too much about side effects you are not experiencing. But, adopting a healthy diet and exercise pattern could do no harm.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I ended up getting quite good results with the cbd oil. It took some trial and error, and unfortunately I did spend a day stoned which was horibble for me (I took the maximum dose, as I was told it had no thc....and it must have still had a percentage of thc still in it!).
It has been good ever since. For my needs, I take it twice a day for a period of about a week when needed. It's non addictive and can't harm you, i like the fact its natural and really diddnt want ro go down the meds path. I'm in Australia and availability varies around the world . Some people want a thc level still in it, others want only the cbd.
I hope you find something that works for you. I understand how important it is and wish you all the best. B

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I ended up getting quite good results with the cbd oil. It took some trial and error, and unfortunately I did spend a day stoned which was horibble for me (I took the maximum dose, as I was told it had no thc....and it must have still had a percentage of thc still in it!).
It has been good ever since. For my needs, I take it twice a day for a period of about a week when needed. It's non addictive and can't harm you, i like the fact its natural and really diddnt want ro go down the meds path. I'm in Australia and availability varies around the world . Some people want a thc level still in it, others want only the cbd.
I hope you find something that works for you. I understand how important it is and wish you all the best. B
Some good bud would do just fine if the backwards government didn't say It was a crime. If I had a free lifetime supply of high grade weed I would be high for the rest of my miserable life.

Hi, I have been experimenting with the dosage since last Post, and yesterday had a high irritation period so it was a good opportunity to self observe and monitor my behaviours. I had been trying to gradually increase it over an hour period until hopefully hitting the right amount, but I wasn't able to curb my most severe behavior. Next time I will try the maximum amount in one dose and hope it works. I really don't want to do take prescription meds but these behaviours have to stop if I want to treat people with respect to the deserve and build healthy relationships. It would be perfect if this natural alternative is as strong as It needs to be for this purpose. It is difficult to get the info on correct doseage as the bottle is not labelled as cbd, but industrial Hemp oil, so that it can be accessed by people. I was assured that it is the same thing. If anyone here knows about dosage it would be great to know.

It’s more of an experiment due to height, weight and symptoms. Gradually increase till you feel at ease, back off with headache or dizziness etc

New Threads

Top Bottom