• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you like to collect?

The stuff I collect usually goes along with my 'obsessions,' and most of the time I tend to lean toward old, unique, and hard to find items. Books, movies, music, Legos, Hot Wheels, real cars, skulls, hot rod stuff, video of auto races (mostly Champ and Indy car), straitjackets. I used to collect videogames, anime, and manga/graphic novels.

I also collect faux pearls . Sometimes real ones. I love them. Beauty books as well! Old beauty books. Ettiquette books. Books that are great works of art like Ulysses . also love faux diamonds lol. I seem to love soap bars Palmolive specifically . All purpose laundry bars my favorite one is discontinued it was called Colgate all purpose soap. You could clean your whole house for 75 cents.. I also love old fashion reuseable things that do not deteriorate over time. Stainless steel shaver I forget the proper name. All you have to do is replace it with a new blade. I also own several cake mascaras. . <3 those kinds of things !

image.jpg

Probably the strangest thing I've collected is when I was younger, if I made a particularly pleasing letter on my homework (like the perfect M), I would keep it. Looking at it was soothing. I had some other collections too that were a little more normal- shells, snow globes, geodes.

These days I don't really collect anything, I really don't feel like I need more of anything sitting around taking up space.

clg114 every few weeks I sprinkle what's in there out in the garden somewhere. Maybe some of the seeds will grow, not sure what happens to the rest. Maybe an archaeologist will find it someday in the future.

I've collected coins since I was very young. Sometimes I collect music, but I have to take very long breaks from that while I familiarize myself with my library (I've thrown things out if I decide I don't like them). Also, I have limited space in my CD-binder, and will have to buy a whole new one soon enough. A bigger one! That I can fit more CD's into! Muhuhahahahaha!

I collect stamps (official collector, they get sent from the official post service here since i'm a subscriptor since 1997), postcards (i'm a postcrosser since 2012), keyrings, pocket knives (my grandpa used to use them so I started to collect them since I was 8 or so, most of mines are sharpless), tickets (concerts, movies). I used to collect cat's decorations (postcards, stickers..). I used to collect rocks too.

Once I collected oil lamps. After about 20 of those I decided that anything worth having was way out of my price range. Then for a while I collected glass paperweights. After about 30 of those I decided the same thing. Now I collect postcards, books, stereoviews, photos, cabinet cards, and ephemera relating specifically to 3 local parks, 2 local natural features, and 1 nearby small town. I've been collecting for years, and have thousands of items, but almost all of it only takes up a few shelves because it's stored in binders and boxes.
Edit: I forgot that I used to collect record albums 30 years ago. I got rid of about half, but there are still hundreds of them boxed up in the basement.

Last edited:
I collect coins year sets from US, silver eagles, silver libertad from Mexico and now i am getting silver coins from Canada. Also looney tunes items, bugs bunny and Daffy Duck. I also have stamps and beer coasters.

I have a pretty large shoe collection...at least 4 times my wife's. I buy some anytime I see my size which is a 14-16 so not usually of the shelf.

When I was around 5-12 years old I would collect stickers and place them on my bedside drawers. Unfortunately, said drawers were thrown away while I was moving house 4 years ago. As of now I collect dolls & plushies.

Pens, brushes, ink and ink wells, cameras, hoo doo trinkets, stamps, ephemera, Books, niche perfume (I know, right?) plants...

Image files. Of animals, plants, landscapes, pretty things, pretty clothes and undies, fanart, manga, funny things that make me laugh..... millions of them. I think I just collect them just so I can organize them later :sweatsmile:

New Threads

Top Bottom