• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your unique talents and gifts?

I'm good at art too: there are many artistic Aspies here.
Writing
Critical thinking, reasoning/logic.

stuff I suck at: socializing, cooking, emotional muckmires.

OOOh, I want to see your art, Soup! You too, Music4Life. There's a "post your art" thread in the pictures and videos vault if that's something you are comfortable with. Mine are art, reading, cleaning (sort of a germaphobic obsession), and I don't know what else. Laughing maybe.

OOOh, I want to see your art, Soup! You too, Music4Life. There's a "post your art" thread in the pictures and videos vault if that's something you are comfortable with. Mine are art, reading, cleaning (sort of a germaphobic obsession), and I don't know what else. Laughing maybe.
Most everything is easy for me to draw, except for people. Drawing people is complicated.

Things i'm good at: Playing the melody of any song i hear on the piano (can't do chords). Picking out actors not by their faces, but by their voices. I can draw cartoons, but only if i'm looking at them when i draw them. I can't imagine something and just draw it. I like to cook.

Things i suck at: Playing chords on the guitar or on piano. Reading faces. Recognizing people by their face. Skyrim. Communicating verbally.

Spelling, grammar, memorizing the capital of every country, memorizing every president in order and their years in office.

I can count to ten in spanish and japanese.

I can memorize vocabulary words easily

I can recall events that happened long ago

Things I need work on:

Sympathizing, understanding different points of view, ordering from a menu or purchasing an item by myself.

I bet that there are many grammar/spelling freaks here too! Like Poey, I can't read faces: nothing is ever clearly written on anyone's face. Holly, I share your cleaning talent: can't countenance a mess or funkiness.

Repairing cars and trucks, making vehicles run stronger and faster. Fishing, road hunting and general construction.

Writing, I may be able to draw if I worked at it, I tried drawing from some photos and they were terrible, then I got a book about drawing, and drew from one of the pictures in there, they didn't look like the picture, but the improvement was amazing. I have to clean off my desk so I acutally have somewhere to work.

Art first of all, has been my skill since I was very small. I am also an IT person having worked as support for many years and now I'm relatively good at fixing my pcs, building them (when I'm not too lazy to). I can write from time to time, but the ability to do so really comes and goes for me.

I bet that there are many grammar/spelling freaks here too! Like Poey, I can't read faces: nothing is ever clearly written on anyone's face. Holly, I share your cleaning talent: can't countenance a mess or funkiness.

I am definitely a spelling freak. I have a hard time reading on a lot of gamer forums that I frequent simply because I find so many spelling errors and just plain bad writing that it grates on me!

I still can't really get my head around "how do you define unique"... because, and while I think the qualities people mention here are good qualities, they're not unique. Perhaps I'm pedantic in that sense that the word unique should show me something that I haven't seen/heard before.

Anything I can do, others can do as well... I'm quite sure of that. Maybe I'm better at some stuff, that's a value judgment. Unless uniqueness comes with a certain value.

If anything, I might be unique in expressing my personal views... it's the way I, with my experiences, view them... that's as unique as it gets. Writing by itself isn't unique in my opinion, everyone can write, results do vary though. Similarly define "writing"... is being good and talented at writing selling millions of books?

On a similar note, there's a lot of stuff I don't dare to call unique since one can learn it. If I want to, I might be able to learn japanese, russian, norwegian or swahili... it's not really unique.

Again, I'm not trying to discredit anyone, if you can insult someone in 26 languages, that's quite something, but still, it's a skill one might learn. And the list might go on further in practical skills. I'm not that practical, so I might not be able to fix cars for instance, yet... unless you're the only person that has this skills, then yes... that's unique.

I don't believe in gradations of "more" and "less" unique. Either it's a one of a kind, or it's not... I don't believe in those shades of grey (not 50... and not 10)

Most of my most interesting ones are usually useless, e.g.

Dividing an object into equal parts, estimating how many degrees an angle is, other math-spatial things.

Visualizing how a 3d object would look if it was taken apart on a 2d surface- a skill I've honed from making clothes.

Finding tiny, subtle differences in things like fonts or patterns.

Visualizing how a 3d object would look if it was taken apart on a 2d surface- a skill I've honed from making clothes.

I'm very good at the one too cerulean. I taught myself 3D modeling and animation because of this skill.

I'm very good at quilting and crochet ... I make stuff out of my head all the time. I don't need patterns. I have a collection of pokemon I've crocheted for instance. And I seldom if ever use a pattern for quilts. Actually I only use a pattern if I'm feeling lazy and can't be bothered thinking up the design lol.

Art and creative writing are also other things that I think I'm ok at.

Pattern recognition and spatial awareness come to me easily ... probably like many other aspies. For instance I'm an expert navigator but I can't ask my husband to navigate for me he gets lost very easily and he never drives in the city because of this.

I'm really good at writing and whatever other artsy-craftsy thing I'm into at any given time.

I'm not very good in social situations, but I do seem to have a gift for organizing groups of people and bringing them to some kind of action. It's kind of contradictory, but it sort of makes sense. When I'm organizing people, I'm speaking to them with a purpose and an objective as opposed to trying to make light chit chat.

Absolutely nothing, I have no talents, skills, gifts etc, everything I've ever tried I've been terrible at.

New Threads

Top Bottom