• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your fantasies?

Myrtonos

Now that there is a thread about what everyones obsessions are, that being one characteristic that defines people on the spectrum, I thought I'd start one on fantasies.

Some time whan I was still on YouTube I had the fantasy of bringing together two well know aspie female vloggers, one from Ontraio, Canada, and another from Denmark, and I had the fantasy of some aspie vlogger recreating the music of some well known singer songwriter who began his recording career in the early 1960s and himself believed to have AS.

Within the same timeframe, I had a discussion on two railfan forums involing the fantasy of bulidng the Cininnati (Ohio) Streetcar to the Pennsylvania Trolley gauge, with twin trolleypole wiring and looped unidirectional running. The previous systems in Cincy and Columbus both used this gauge, and three other systems (in Pittsburgh, Philladelphia and New Orleans) still use this gauge with no sign of converting to standard gauge, which is what City of Cincinnati is effectively doing.
I have also had the fantasy of a Penna trolley gauge LRT in Baltimore, where the previous streetcar used a gauge only slightly wider.

i always fantasied about being left alone to fend for myself in a post-apocalyptic world. i know it will (propably) never happen but i never could stop entertaining the idea

Now that there is a thread about what everyones obsessions are, that being one characteristic that defines people on the spectrum, I thought I'd start one on fantasies.

Some time whan I was still on YouTube I had the fantasy of bringing together two well know aspie female vloggers, one from Ontraio, Canada, and another from Denmark, and I had the fantasy of some aspie vlogger recreating the music of some well known singer songwriter who began his recording career in the early 1960s and himself believed to have AS.

Within the same timeframe, I had a discussion on two railfan forums involing the fantasy of bulidng the Cininnati (Ohio) Streetcar to the Pennsylvania Trolley gauge, with twin trolleypole wiring and looped unidirectional running. The previous systems in Cincy and Columbus both used this gauge, and three other systems (in Pittsburgh, Philladelphia and New Orleans) still use this gauge with no sign of converting to standard gauge, which is what City of Cincinnati is effectively doing.
I have also had the fantasy of a Penna trolley gauge LRT in Baltimore, where the previous streetcar used a gauge only slightly wider.

I do not have much to add to this besides that you mentioned Cincinnati - That is my hometown and I have not been back there in a few years. I have heard something of them building a new streetcar system, possibly, but do not know the details.

I fantasize about being really good at recognizing various plants, geography, and weather. And somehow getting over my squeamishness to eat a grub or grasshopper.

I regularly fantasise about being a super successful graphic novelist because I love comics and drawing. I also regularly fantasise about living in Hong Kong with my Gon Gon and Poh Poh. I miss Hong Kong a lot because I'd visit my Chinese family there once every two years or so but can't now.

I fantasise about what I'd be able to say and do with people if I wasn't so shy.

I also fantasise about being with someone in my class who I have a lot of feelings for. Eh-heh! :sweatsmile:

I fantasize blowing people away with my words, if only I did not have a blockage going on, when in company.

I fantasize that I can sing all my favourite songs and make people gasp with admiration :p

That I can react to a particular song when people are around, the way I do when on my own.

Fantasize that when I get excited I don't go red :rolleyes:

Fantasize writing my own book.

Fantasize being a dr or a psychologist

Fantasize that I am a quick thinker and can come out with amazing one liners that have deep effect.

I fantasize about being able to sing well or play a musical instrument (I can't do either, though I dod once try to learn the guitar), not to become famous, but to compose and create music.

I fantasize about being able to sing well or play a musical instrument (I can't do either, though I dod once try to learn the guitar), not to become famous, but to compose and create music.

My advice to you is: go for it! With enough dedication and determination, I'm sure you'll get there. :)

i always fantasied about being left alone to fend for myself in a post-apocalyptic world. i know it will (propably) never happen but i never could stop entertaining the idea

Don't give up on that one yet ;)

In answer to the OP, I don'thave any fantasies anymore. May be it's my age and that I achieved them all, well, apart from being Batman.

Feel a bit left out now.

My advice to you is: go for it! With enough dedication and determination, I'm sure you'll get there. :)
I did try to learn the guitar for a year or so, but it never worked out, my manual dexterity and coordination were never that good. Definitely no hidden talent there. I wasn't getting anywhere with it and with no reward of any significant progress, I got frustrated and gave up. So now I content myself with listening to the musical creations of others :)

I did try to learn the guitar for a year or so, but it never worked out, my manual dexterity and coordination were never that good. Definitely no hidden talent there. I wasn't getting anywhere with it and with no reward of any significant progress, I got frustrated and gave up. So now I content myself with listening to the musical creations of others :)
oh man, i started guitar too cause i hoped it would make me look "cool" but i just couldnt coordinate well enough to even be decent. didnt even last a month

To regain the full use of my hands and become a Baroque lute player.

Bicycle across Europe.

Build web applications and other technological products that make the world a better place.

Develop a new treatment for a couple of medical conditions. (partially done - just need more data)

Obtain a graduate degree in a STEM field at UC Berkeley, despite certain obstacles.

Create self replicating robot hives.

Tour the world as part of an ostentatious glam rock group which fuses classical and contemporary influences.

Design replacement body parts using tissues made from recipient stem cells.

Travel at near light speeds and experience time dilation, propelling myself far into the future.

Record an album using steam powered instruments and gramophones.

Have the courage to go backpacking around the world.

I was actually asking about fantasies involving special interests and/or people obsessions. Has anyone here actually had, say a fantasy of brining together people who are special interests, for instance?

And I don't suppose you fantasise about being able to dance, that was another thing you wouldn't do. Now what if that teacher never forced anyone to participate but simply gave points to those who did so without prompting?

Last edited:
And I don't suppose you fantasise about being able to dance, that was another thing you wouldn't do. Now what if that teacher never forced anyone to participate but simply gave points to those who did so without prompting?
No, I've never fantasised about being able to dance. I assume you're referring to the incident where I hit my teacher because she was trying to make me do country dancing? It was wrong of her to try and force me. If she hadn't tried to do that, it's possible that I might have tried harder and my relationship with dancing would be a lot better than it is today, but at that age I was extremely stuboorn and it was hard to get me to do things I didn't like doing. Positive reinforcement for doing well would have been a lot more effective, rather than punishment for doing badly. I always felt very clumsy and awkward while dancing, I could never learn the steps and I didn't like having to have a dance partner. Luckily they showed more understanding when I didn't want to learn cursive writing, the other thing they tried to teach me but I couldn't learn - they decided to just let it go and not push the matter.

So you couldn't even learn cursive writing, do you not think you could learn the Arabic alphabet, cursive in its nature?

Last edited:
this may freak some of you out & i don't mean to,but i have fantasies of sleeping with a giant teddy bear in my underwear,because of how severely awkward i appear to girls & women my age as a potential boyfriend.

A well paid job in the IT industry, and regular sex with Rebekah Elmaloglou, who plays Terese Willis in Neighbours, arguably the sexiest woman on the Planet.

Seriously though, I fantasise about a UK where disabled adults can get a job without having to battle against closed mindedness and blatant discrimination against people who are perfectly qualified and able to do the job they've had a punt on, but probably won't get it due to having some form of disability.

Last edited:
A well paid job in the IT industry, and regular sex with Rebekah Elmaloglou, who plays Terese Willis in Neighbours, arguably the sexiest woman on the Planet.
Don't tell us, tell her:

★ Rebekah Elmaloglou Address

You never know you've might have a 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance of her inviting you to Australia, all expenses pay to meet her so your fantasy can become true. Actually I think I missed a few zeros off, sorry.

Regarding a well paid IT job, been there done that, well it was fairly well paid, but it's definitely not all it's cracked up to me, especially if you're forced to support Windows as part of your job, although it's not as bad as when I did it in the 1990s when Windows networking was about as reliable as a very well used old Austin Allegro Estate that hasn't been serviced for the last 20 years.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom