• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

Right now my most current obsession is listening to BlackMore's Night songs over and over. Writing my stories and poems.

I find myself listening to Florence and the Machine's second album Ceremonials over..and over...and over again.

Veilo7 wrote: My first post, my obsession is animals, It always has been, I will randomly research any animal I know of when I get bored, and if I see or hear about an animal I don't know much about I research it ASAP. I have had many pets and currently house two tiger salamanders ambystoma tigrinum and a spiny soft-shell turtle, I catch animals all the time, I am soon to attend college for equine science horses, the. After these two years attend a four year college and get a zoology degree.
As a child I was always watching Steve irwin and Jeff corwin.
Catching animals is almost an instinct for me, I don't really think about it I don't usually get bitten or any thing, I have picked up a venomous snake or two, frogs, spiders you name it even an amphiuma, if I've seen it within five feet you can almost bet I've picked it up, I caught and tamed a squirrel in high school this week I caught a bat, not the first, I've even grabbed a bat in mid flight, now I do want to say here that I am not in any way harming an animal, I spend hours researching how to care for any animal I house, and I do not harm animals, except fish, I do enjoy angling and eating fish. I simply didn't want you to think I was hurting the animals I care so much about.

Also many people find my statements...unrealistic, however I am more than happy to post a photo or two, as a matter of fact I post many pictures of the animals I catch on a social networking site so now I try to take pictures of them as often as possible

I welcome questions I love talking about animals and researching them well this is my first post
So hello i suppose

@Veilo7, I have a skunk, or rather, he adopted me (I don't know if it's a he or she so I'll just use he). He hangs out with a stray cat that comes into my yard, because I feed the strays. The cat will be basking in the sun and the skunk will be hobbling around looking for something to eat. In the evening, I will hear scratching at the glass paned doors and look out to see the skunk peering in to my living room. When I go to the door, the skunk slowly walks away while I put some food out for him. When I leave him bread, he never eats the crust. He'll carefully nibble the inside of the bread leaving the thin edges of crust on the ground. It's so funny, he's just like a little kid! He'll eat any kind of table scraps except potatoes, he hates potatoes. He's so cute, I wish I could pet him, but you know, He's a skunk!

Last edited:
I draw and replicate maps of various college campuses in Singapore, and re-draw them to reflect the facilities in a more orderly manner, assuming the college campus is located in the plains. How's that - I'd call it obsessive. Lol

Geordie I love stuff like that- I'm about to start a project mapping out our interstate system (starting locally of course) entirely of lovely circles and lines instead of the jumble of nonsense it really is.

If you like the Interstate...

I really love Interstate 75. It goes through lovely circles and scenic routes - from Detroit through the Cumberland Mountains to Atlanta and Tampa :D Even between rural places, I see that traffic is so heavy, it's a continuous six-lane segment from the Tampa area to Knoxville... Wow!

Packaging and graphic design.
Eskimos. Northern japan. Black and white.
British comedies.
Discovering new snack foods.

My main obsession is Disney, especially the classic characters - Mickey and friends. Mickey Mouse and Scrooge McDuck are my favorite Disney characters of all time. I love them to bits and pieces. :bounce: I also have a random obsession with Scrooge's butler, Duckworth. He's just so intriguing and hilarious.

When I was younger, I was hugely obsessed with contstuction vehicles and had a very large collection of replica diecast models. This obsession lasted even into my early teenage years. I still have most of the models stored in my attic, some complete with the box.

I became obsessed with backhoe loaders in the mid 1960s and am still obsessed with them. Since my obsession is stronger than ever, I have quite a collection of diecast backhoe loader models and a real backhoe loader now. So as you can see it has been going on long before many of you were even born.

:playfull:

One of my major obsessions right now is probably Batman. I'm not really that big into comics in general, so I wont consider starting to read everything available from DC.

But over the past few weeks, I watched the Nolan trilogy again, watched the older quadrilogy (Batman, Batman returns, etc.), watched the full 65 episode Season 1 of the animated series, started on the 60's Batman show, the 70's batman cartoon show, and I still have all those affiliated movies to go. And anything post-"the animated series" such as The batman, Batman Beyond, Batman; The brave and bold, Birds of prey and some other shows (still roughly 150 gb of Batman related shows to go through). And I played and finished Arkham asylum and Arkham city in the past few weeks.

And to be honest; I don't even care about Batman/Bruce wayne that much. I prefer the villains way more. Especially in the newer media were they're not that PG. Finding all those therapy session tapes in Arkham asylum (the game) and listening to them was awesome.

[QUOTE=

?mental disorders, especially autism and all that jazz.

I have been obsessing intensley on Asperger's since I learned about it a couple weeks ago. I mean like I can't sleep or rest I have to learn more. I beleive my son has it and I have it so this is fueling my obsession. All I have done over the past two week is read internet articles, watch utube bideos, visit this forum..... etc. I just got into the DSM5 Changes and posted a thread on that. I am getting tired and hope soon I will have covered everything so I can rest. I went threw this with some mental illnesses and personality disorders before too.

i use to wish that my sister and brother who are twins wouldnt of been in she n me could of been twins the main reason i felt if i was a twin then i have 1 friend for life. lol i guess i thought it was unfair i had no friends why didnt god give me a twin, sound kinda crazy now that i think about it. :twitcy:

Funny I have identical twin sisters. I never wished I was a twin. My sisters used to anoy me running around the house playing and giggling. I just wanted them to be quiet.lol

My main obsessions are a bit unusual: Chernobyl and Radiation....they go hand in hand

secondary: knowledge(I love learning new things, whether its how to fix the car or what are the symptoms of illness x,y or z), music, chemistry, photography, films, space, cameras, cars

older/mild(usually because I exhausted them): coins, the human body, rocks and Gems, guitars, computers(parts), mobile phones,spongebob, buzz lightyear, Jack skeleton

Particle physics. I'm a layman, and read layman's books, but I've been taking notes and have little pieces of paper listing particles and their masses and interactions and etc. and it's so much fun! Whee! And you can't come up with better names than "strange quark" and "fermion."

I have a few right now:

The first one is pretty cool. This one person I cannot avoid (family member that I live with) is the main source of everything that irritates me: immaturity, obliviousness, stubbornness, being judgmental... I could go on forever. We are having trouble co-existing now because of my OCD traits. I go nuts. SO I came up with this super cool idea of writing down all my anger about this person as it happens live throughout the day (there will be repeats of varying instances), and as soon as I fill a page with these angers, I add it to this paper ball I'm making. I am on day three and it is currently 7 pages thick. I hold it all together with tape. My plan is to burn it at some point after my wedding in October, since I won't be living with this relative anymore. This ball is going to be FREAKING HUGE at the rate it's going. Just saying. :banghead:

My other one is Saturday Night Live because we have Xfinity On Demand services in my house and I have access to 26 seasons currently. It's fabulous. :cool:

My current obsession now is my rekindled passion for art and drawing. I have gone as far as calling it my new "love" in lieu of an actual companion on another forum. She keeps me up til all hours of the night too.... lol :)

my current obsession is restoring some old jazz recordings i recently acquired, namely russ morgan/eddie wilser at the piano playing ragtime classics such as "kitten on the keys." also have a thing with jazz marches going on. my most recent obsession before that [still going on] is restoring the stereo version of the phil spector xmas album "a christmas gift for you" which was originally released only in monophonic sound [which i never cared for]. phil's "wall of sound" is only that if one has crappy speakers with poor coherence which makes a mono signal that normally is reproduced [by quality equipment] as a narrow wedge of sound equidistant between the two stereo speakers, into an amorphous "wall of sound" IOW his music was deliberately made to sound "proper" only on crappy equipment. anyways, restoring a rare chromium dioxide pre-recorded copy of the stereo xmas album involved lots of edits, carefully stripping away accumulated layers of noise [much as a artwork/painting restorer carefully strips away layers of grime] to reveal the music beneath. here is an example of one such restoration-
another obsession i have is with the john barry [RIP] theme "midnight cowboy"-
it has such a melancholy yet pretty vibe to it. bittersweet is a good word for it. happy-sad is another.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom