• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

i have a question for ROBERTWNEILSEN..........what was the name of the very old starship that was featured in the episode 'tin man' sttng?

no cheating!

USS Adelphi? Not sure, really....I haven't seen that episode in a *long* time.

10_12_9.gif

My current obsession is the storyline of a game called Blazblue, specifically the story arc of Lambda 11/Nu 12. It confirms my belief that games can tell a story in a way that movies and books just can't. By extension i'm also trying to memorize the greek alphabet.

I've very recently gotten into anime and drawing, its a bit soon to call it an obsession, but i'm sure it will be very soon. Drawing was something I was very good at as a child, but I gave it up when i went into secondary school. Now i've picked it back up again and i'm really enjoying it :D

My other obsession is nicknaming people after characters or words that I know, based on that persons personality. It's completely childish, but i just can't help it :D

Well apart fromm being obsessed with balloons pretty much all the time, my current addiction is Glee (yupp Im sad) :) I got a poster of the cast the other day :p

English actress Helena Bonham Carter is now my main obsession. I have actually been obsessed with her for a long time, but was in deep denial of it because I was worried that obsessing over a real person would get me labeled a "creep" or a "stalker". But my mom basically explained that obsessing over celebrities is normal, and that celebrities know that regular people become infatuated with them, and they're used to it.

On that note, I have a secondary obsession with Anne Hathaway.

My third obsession is dolls, especially doll customization. This obsession began when I was 17 or 18, but like my Helena obsession, I kept denying it out of fear of ridicule. Another reason why I denied it is because of its cost - dolls are a lot more expensive than you would think, and I wanted to be 100%, beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt certain that dolls is what I'd like to spend money on. I am about to come into some extra money, so I finally get to indulge this obsession! Guess what I'm buying? Dolls based on Helena Bonham Carter and Anne Hathaway. It all comes full-circle.

Headphones.

I've been looking into getting a high-end pair -- preferably something by Audio Technica who're renowned for their headphones -- and a good DAC (Digital Analog Converter). For now I'll do with the Koss Portapro headphones I bought about a week ago; I hope they show up in the mail this week. According to most audiophiles, the Portapros give Grado-like* sound at an affordable price.

I think I'll get this Total Bithead USB amp/DAC:

0000010013_1889.jpg

I also still want to get these Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones as they're cheap and supposedly sound as good as Audio Technica phones that cost four or five times as much money. They also supposedly have some of the best bass you'll ever hear:

atec_ath-m50.jpg

It's amazing how little money you need to spend to get extremely high-quality sound with headphones. Loudspeakers, on the other hand, require a huge investment and never sound as good as high-quality phones.

*Grado is a company that's well-known for making high-end (though overrated to some) headphones.

My current obsessions are computer hacking (which has been an obsession since I was 12 :p ) and hardstyle music/the shuffle/tripp pants haha :p I just ordered a pair of these a few days ago:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AUD046/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Headphones.

I've been looking into getting a high-end pair -- preferably something by Audio Technica who're renowned for their headphones -- and a good DAC (Digital Analog Converter). For now I'll do with the Koss Portapro headphones I bought about a week ago; I hope they show up in the mail this week. According to most audiophiles, the Portapros give Grado-like* sound at an affordable price.

I think I'll get this Total Bithead USB amp/DAC:

0000010013_1889.jpg

I also still want to get these Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones as they're cheap and supposedly sound as good as Audio Technica phones that cost four or five times as much money. They also supposedly have some of the best bass you'll ever hear:

atec_ath-m50.jpg

It's amazing how little money you need to spend to get extremely high-quality sound with headphones. Loudspeakers, on the other hand, require a huge investment and never sound as good as high-quality phones.

*Grado is a company that's well-known for making high-end (though overrated to some) headphones.

I used to be obsessed with various audio products too. If you're interested in high-quality sound at a good price in subwoofers, check out the Kicker CVX series. I have the 15" model in my car, and it's insane. The bass definition is fantastic, and it shakes things to pieces. It's great for a pseudo back massage. Also, bass frequencies tend to be easier on the senses at high volume in comparison to tener, so (if you're like I am) your ears won't get rattled by the music. I should note, however, that more than 40 minutes at 100 decibels might give you a headache. It does me.
For sound quality, the amplifier is important too. Car amplifiers tend to be really expensive, but Hifonics Brutus amplifiers are a good compromise between price and quality. I'm not experienced with in-house amplifiers, but I know that in comparison to car amplifiers, they're far less expensive (w/ the same power output.)

I'm interested in battletech, novels, pc games (mechwarrior 3), I'm so sucked in into this universe and life beginning to disappear into a small white light.

Star Wars, classic...:p I'm there with you, except lately I've been getting a greater appreciation for Star Trek. Any sci fi recommendations?

Been very busy with my obsession, bicycling. I have been road racing in a local series, in the C group (the bottom class) and riding mountain bikes, and my cyclocross bike on the trail. I'm training for cyclocross racing season this fall. I'm not great at road racing, I usually finish about 5th or 6th. I'm hoping to improve my performance in cyclocross over last year.

Star Trek -- any even numbered movie....II, IV, IV, First Contact, Nemesis)....and the new one. When it comes to series, TOS, Next Generation, Voyager (Never could get into DS9 or Enterprise much, though.)

For some odd reason, odd-numbered Star Trek movies just....weren't as good as their even numbered counterparts. XD

Guitars would be one - I've got my eye on a bass that I want, and a bass amp. Just need to get my funds together.

Being on forums - perhaps I need to cut down my usage, it is starting to get in the way.

Audiosurf - great game and a very clever concept.

Movies. As an art form. I just joined 5 seconds ago. So hello.
I have a problem with watching really stupid movies cuz they're not art. I like to be really analytical about the movies I watch.
Two of my favorites are Nashville and Bonnie And Clyde. My aunt gave me the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die book for Xmas, which I am, of course, taking far too literally. But it's been a nice reference tool. And I thank her for that.
Also politics, specifically American politics in the 20th century, but anything will do. The whole debt ceiling thing right now is bugging the hell out of me. I'd hate to see us default, but it's very sad right now. I love watching Rachel Maddow and AC360.
American pop culture over the last 50 years I'd say. Movies, Literature, TV (Super pissed that The Family Channel chopped Gilmore Girls for Secret Life of the American Teenager).
That's me. Glad to be here.

Star Wars, classic...:p I'm there with you, except lately I've been getting a greater appreciation for Star Trek. Any sci fi recommendations?

Star Wars is one of my main obsessions, still. Everything Star Wars! My favorite is "The Empire Strikes Back".

View attachment 927

Star Trek not so much only because I just don't "get it" for some reason.

New Threads

Top Bottom