• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are everyone's favourite games past and present?

Kypfc

I've been a gamer for a long time, but I haven't played every console.
The earliest memory for me was playing sonic and the Sega megadrive console and I can't wait for sonic mania lol.
My favourite game from ps3, ps4 era so far has to be uncharted 2 because of the sense of adventure.
My favourite ps4 game is Disgaea 5, I love games that have massive replay value and it certainly has that lol

I like most games except racing, fighting and most sports but fifa is ok.

What is everyone's favourite? Can be past present or just one of them on any and every platform :)

Mega Drive - Streets of Rage
GameBoy - Tetris
PlayStation - Time Crisis
PS2 - Whiplash
XBox - Midtown Madness
PS Vita - Tearaway
Wii U - Lego City Undercover
XBox 360 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Xbox One - Gone Home

I also love Minecraft, but I didn't add that as I have it on so many consoles. I've also owned other consoles (such as GameCube, N64 and Wii) but either didn't have many games on them or didn't really have a favourite.

My current favorite game is Pokemon X & Y. Minimal plot/cut scenes and a huge variety of Pokemon to play with. It's awesome, I need to pick it back up and finish it in the near future.

My favorite games in the past were... Pokemon Red & Blue for the Gameboy. I remember huddling up on the couch underneath the lamp to play it, and my mom making me go outside to breathe in fresh air because she worried that too much gaming would make me sick.

BBC Micro: Repton 3
Spectrum: Wild West Seymour
Gameboy: Super Mario Land 2
Super NES: Super Tennis
PS1: Soul Blade
PS2: WWE Here Comes The Pain
PS3: Virtua Tennis 2009
Nintendo 64: WWE No Mercy
Nintendo DS: Phoenix Wright - Act Attorney
Nintendo Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
Original Xbox: Kung Fu Chaos
Xbox 360: Time Splitters 2
Xbox One: WWE 2K17

Last edited:
My current favorite game is Pokemon X & Y. Minimal plot/cut scenes and a huge variety of Pokemon to play with. It's awesome, I need to pick it back up and finish it in the near future.

My favorite games in the past were... Pokemon Red & Blue for the Gameboy. I remember huddling up on the couch underneath the lamp to play it, and my mom making me go outside to breathe in fresh air because she worried that too much gaming would make me sick.

@Idahocalypse, I liked X & Y more than the other two Pokémon games on the 3ds because I just thought they were better in general.

I'm looking forward to seeing Fire Emblem and Pokémon on the switch because I have always wanted home console versions of those games.

Mega Drive - Streets of Rage
GameBoy - Tetris
PlayStation - Time Crisis
PS2 - Whiplash
XBox - Midtown Madness
PS Vita - Tearaway
Wii U - Lego City Undercover
XBox 360 - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Xbox One - Gone Home

I also love Minecraft, but I didn't add that as I have it on so many consoles. I've also owned other consoles (such as GameCube, N64 and Wii) but either didn't have many games on them or didn't really have a favourite.

@xudo, I remember playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, I can't remember if it was a demo or beta but I was suprised how fun it was because initially I wasn't expecting much lol.

Streets of rage I can barely remember playing and you reminded me of playing Golden Eye on the N64.

@Idahocalypse, I liked X & Y more than the other two Pokémon games on the 3ds because I just thought they were better in general.

I agree. X & Y have been my favs out of all the 3DS Pokemon games. I didn't have very much fun with Sun & Moon because I got hit with a sudden difficulty spike by the time I reached the third island. It's pretty discouraging when you aim to "be the very best, like no one ever was" and then your entire team nearly gets wiped out by a grunt's Golbat. :confused: I tried ORAS but got bored pretty quickly with it. Being a remake of an earlier gen, it felt kind of stale compared to the other 3DS Pokemon games.

My first "gaming" experience was around 5-6 years old, I watched my brothers play Mario tennis or something like that in NES, then some years later I jumped to the ps1 era, from it my favorite games are: Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo 2, Crash Bandicoot warped, Crash Team RAcing, Bugs&Taz Time Busters, Bugs Bunny Lost in Time, Syphon Filter 3, The Grinch, Tony Hawk's PS 1->3 etc.

That was my only console so far, then I went to pc (but I always liked the consoles too) and from the "modern" era my favorite games are the Assassin's Creed Saga, Bioshock (all of them), Dead Space, AoE2 (and HD), GTA San Andreas (the last GTA game my laptop can run lol).

@xudo, I remember playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, I can't remember if it was a demo or beta but I was suprised how fun it was because initially I wasn't expecting much lol.

Streets of rage I can barely remember playing and you reminded me of playing Golden Eye on the N64.

Kingdoms was AMAZING. It sadly didn't sell well, and there was an issue in the UK with the shop Game not being able to pay EA...meaning the game wasn't available in that store (pretty much the only place to buy games in person). There will likely never be another as the company (38 studios) who developed it had this whole legal case after it came out and now the state of Rhode Island own the rights :p

Streets of Rage has some of the best music in a game. Golden Axe on the Mega Drive was also basically the exact same game but with a different skin on it.

I've been a gamer for a long time, but I haven't played every console.
The earliest memory for me was playing sonic and the Sega megadrive console and I can't wait for sonic mania lol.
My favourite game from ps3, ps4 era so far has to be uncharted 2 because of the sense of adventure.
My favourite ps4 game is Disgaea 5, I love games that have massive replay value and it certainly has that lol

I like most games except racing, fighting and most sports but fifa is ok.

What is everyone's favourite? Can be past present or just one of them on any and every platform :)
I don't play games, so I don't have a favorite, but one of my favorite things ever is the dance of the Troupple King in Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows! :)

I don't play games, so I don't have a favorite, but one of my favorite things ever is the dance of the Troupple King in Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows! :)

@Ambi, Thats ok, you're still welcome to post a comment on this even if it wasn't game related :)
I haven't played that game so I'll have to look up what you were talking about lol.

The last time I played any computer games was on a ZX Spectrum. My favourites were Cyclone and Full Throttle.

The last time I played any computer games was on a ZX Spectrum. My favourites were Cyclone and Full Throttle.

Just to let you know, since the demise of the Spectrum in 1993, emulators and most of the games are now legally downloadable, WOS - World of Spectrum is your friend, apparently even Code Masters consented to have the Dizzy games and stuff like that emulated.

When I was younger I really liked some Lilo and Stitch Game for Game Boy Advance. Now I prefer puzzle games such as CrossworDS.

Too many to list.

Let's see...

For the really old stuff: Space Invaders (arcade and 2600 and... every other version ever, it's not like they ever stopped making this), Juno First (arcade) Pitfall (2600) Pac-man (versions that arent the 2600, that one was awful), and, well... honestly much of the 2600's library is stuff I like. There's lots of hidden gems on there. I have piles of cartridges around my room. I need to get a new 2600 unit though. I keep meaning to do that... Same with arcade games really, from the "golden age". I downloaded all of them to my PC a few years back. And I mean *all* of them. It was a gigantic pain in the butt to do but I absolutely love arcade games from that era, so it was very worth it.

I also really like alot of games from the DOS era, way back when. Including some *really* old ones. If you know what CGA graphics are, well.... yeah, that's how old I mean. And ASCII, back when it was used for practical reasons. I remember a couple of favorite DOS games were Round 42 and Flightmare.... me and a friend used to take those to elementary school back in 4th and 5th grade and play those (and some others) in the computer lab during recess. Yes the faculty were aware of this. It was awesome. I also liked games like Kingdom of Kroz. I liked alot of ASCII-based games, come to think of it, still do.

Oh, and NES games. The original Mario and original Zelda are a couple of my favorites of all time. Even moreso than their sequels. I know Mario 3 was the big one on the NES for most players but the very first game will always be my favorite. Like the 2600, there arent that many NES games that I dont like.

Nowadays? Well Minecraft remains my all-time favorite, but there's so many others now too. Much of the roguelike genre, and shmups as well. Too many to list for either genre, though for roguelikes, Binding of Isaac is a particular favorite and probably my second favorite game of all time. Also, fighting games. Guilty Gear pretty much changed my whole world (and I mean that, it even led to me travelling on my own, meeting new people, and getting into new hobbies... long story really. Long and really bizarre) and I like Smash as well though I havent played it in awhile. And Blazblue.

I have ALOT of different consoles/machines/whatever and have had a zillion different computers over the years, but those things are the ones that stand out most.

New Threads

Top Bottom