• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What advice would you give your 30 year old self?

GallacticGorilla

I feel like if I knew now what I knew 10 years ago, I would have done things a lot different. I hope I don't feel that way in another 10 years, but who knows. Hindsight is always 20-20. I think it is interesting to hear what advice people might have given their younger selfs.

Don't get a house near neighbors, get a piece of property remote enough where nobody can bother you and you can live the way you want. Totally off the grid.

Don't get into marriages or even relationships, they're never worth it in the end. In fact avoid physical interaction with people whenever possible. It only gives you stress, contagious illnesses, opens you up for being sued, mistakes you for criminals, makes you suspicious anyway just because you're different.... nothing that makes it really worth it.

Dont know id say anything. Im a visual person so an older version of me holding a sign that says "Go back wrong way " would probably do it

Let people say what they will. It's not your job to educate a closed mind. The task is futile.

Stop listening to what people say. Relax and open your senses. Trust your own aspie intuition. It's accuracy and precision is better than you give it credit.

Don't forget to breathe.

I would hop out of the WABAC machine and tell my younger self that he needed to do the following-
*change diet and exercise routine and not let himself go to pot like he did
*do NOT waste money on audio equipment and cars! INVEST wisely! beg borrow and steel enough to buy as much Microsoft stock as possible!
*stop cutting his hair, get used to having it long and learn how to care for it
*do NOT invest in any timeshares!
*get therapy ASAP!!!
*I would then hug and kiss him and tell him I loved him and so he should learn to love him also.

I haven't gotten to 30 yet, but I have a feeling I'll be shouting at myself some day about my choice for the kid's education.

I'm almost 33 so it would seem a bit early to want to give myself advice only a couple years ago, but no. I would definitely say:
"You are doing the right thing. Promise."

I had to get a tattoo around then that said "have faith." because I was having trouble with it just on my own.
ha.

New Threads

Top Bottom