• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

'We are all different, and that’s wonderful' says creator of viral autism video

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

A father from Hertfordshire who spent two years of his spare time creating a video on autism, has won praise from around the world, after his film went viral.

stream_img.jpg

Credit: 'Amazing Things Happen'/Facebook

Alex Amelines created the animation for his son’s school, after realising how difficult it was to explain the condition to primary children.

stream_img.jpg

Within days of posting it online, it had reached a million views. Six months later, it’s been watched more than 50 million times and dubbed into 21 languages.

It was totally overwhelming. I only hoped to help the school, and that maybe some other local schools might like to use it.

When I started seeing views in seven digits and started receiving hundreds of moving messages of thanks from children, parents and teachers, I realised that there was a giant, gaping hole in provision of this kind.

– ALEX AMELINES​

The video, which is called 'Amazing Things Happen' explains that “people with autism are not ill or broken, they simply have a unique view of the world” and encourages children to accept the differences between people.

More than 4,000 people have commented on the English-language video on Facebook.

I've been searching for the right words to explain autism to my son who has it...this video is perfect for us. You are subtle in the differences without making him feel ‘disabled’. Thank you, thank you.

– JENNIFER HILLMAN​

I can't wait to share this with my daughter who has been struggling to understand why her brother does some of the things he does. I am so grateful for the time and effort you put into this project.

– TERESE READ​

And there have even been calls for the video to be shown in all schools.

Thank you for this amazing video... it needs to be sent to every school now, not just for the kids to watch but for teachers.

– HELEN JONES​

The Royal College of General Practitioners has also included the animation in their Autistic Spectrum Toolkit for professionals and carers.

Alex has now launched a crowdfunding campaign, to raise funds for the production of a six-part series.

Immediately after the launch people started asking for more animations: going into more depth, explaining simple ways to help, and tackling other commonly-misunderstood conditions.

And there is simply too much to say about autism. A five-minute animation doesn’t even really scratch the surface of the topic.

– ALEX AMELINES​

Families with autistic children are being invited to contribute their ideas and experiences for the series.

Source (with video): 'We are all different, and that’s wonderful' says creator of viral autism video

A very simple and educational video. I will suggest it to my teachers for the new autism awareness class that the junior school does.

pity they dont buy this at scifinerds university ,instead paying lip service to neurology and mental illness and spreading damaging lies.
(Not written by me)

A father from Hertfordshire who spent two years of his spare time creating a video on autism, has won praise from around the world, after his film went viral.

stream_img.jpg

Alex Amelines created the animation for his son’s school, after realising how difficult it was to explain the condition to primary children.

stream_img.jpg

Within days of posting it online, it had reached a million views. Six months later, it’s been watched more than 50 million times and dubbed into 21 languages.

It was totally overwhelming. I only hoped to help the school, and that maybe some other local schools might like to use it.

When I started seeing views in seven digits and started receiving hundreds of moving messages of thanks from children, parents and teachers, I realised that there was a giant, gaping hole in provision of this kind.

– ALEX AMELINES​

The video, which is called 'Amazing Things Happen' explains that “people with autism are not ill or broken, they simply have a unique view of the world” and encourages children to accept the differences between people.

More than 4,000 people have commented on the English-language video on Facebook.

I've been searching for the right words to explain autism to my son who has it...this video is perfect for us. You are subtle in the differences without making him feel ‘disabled’. Thank you, thank you.

– JENNIFER HILLMAN​

I can't wait to share this with my daughter who has been struggling to understand why her brother does some of the things he does. I am so grateful for the time and effort you put into this project.

– TERESE READ​

And there have even been calls for the video to be shown in all schools.

Thank you for this amazing video... it needs to be sent to every school now, not just for the kids to watch but for teachers.

– HELEN JONES​

The Royal College of General Practitioners has also included the animation in their Autistic Spectrum Toolkit for professionals and carers.

Alex has now launched a crowdfunding campaign, to raise funds for the production of a six-part series.

Immediately after the launch people started asking for more animations: going into more depth, explaining simple ways to help, and tackling other commonly-misunderstood conditions.

And there is simply too much to say about autism. A five-minute animation doesn’t even really scratch the surface of the topic.

– ALEX AMELINES​

Families with autistic children are being invited to contribute their ideas and experiences for the series.

Source (with video): 'We are all different, and that’s wonderful' says creator of viral autism video

That's a seriously beautiful video -- I'm very impressed that the Royal College of General Practitioners is including it in a their awareness toolkit.

New Threads

Top Bottom