• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Watched any good anime lately?

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
Anyone here watched any good anime lately? I went through a period of not watching very much anime, but now I think I'm getting back into it a little bit. I've started catching up on the most recent Black Jack series on Crunchyroll, and I've been enjoying it so far.

I've also been meaning to start watching Eden of the East sometime since I've heard good things about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Black Jack, IContainMultitudes. I watched Black Jack 21 all the way through and I watched the OVA from the 1990s too. I own volumes 1-6 of the new edition of the manga (the one that vertical published not the VIZ edition). :)

I really need to finish the rest of the episodes of Black Jack though. :S But Black Jack is so awesome though!'

Google, I like Digimon Tamers, Digimon Savers, and Zero Two. Eden Of the East is awesome if I can ever finish it.

Sadly, I lost Comcast as a cable provider... So that means I have less anime to watch on my actual television.

I really liked Chaos;Head, it was so awesome!

It is now licensed by Funimation, so I can't wait to buy it.

As to what anime I watched lately, I watched Strike Witches. :)

Right now, I'm watching a show on Netflix Instant called Hetalia: Axis Powers. It's kind of amusing in small doses (thankfully, the episodes are only about 5 minutes long.) Probably not for the easily offended (some are likely to have a problem with the national stereotypes/making light of World War II, but I think I would agree with one review I read that said that it never goes beyond being "hard water" distasteful).

BTW, the name is a play on the words "Italia" and "hetare," the Japanese word meaning "gutless" or "pathetic" (according to Wikipedia).

Right now, I'm watching a show on Netflix Instant called Hetalia: Axis Powers. It's kind of amusing in small doses (thankfully, the episodes are only about 5 minutes long.) Probably not for the easily offended (some are likely to have a problem with the national stereotypes/making light of World War II, but I think I would agree with one review I read that said that it never goes beyond being "hard water" distasteful).

BTW, the name is a play on the words "Italia" and "hetare," the Japanese word meaning "gutless" or "pathetic" (according to Wikipedia).

Oh, that's... well, a deep anime to begin with.

I am going old school here as I just got every episode, old and new, and the live action films of 'Guyver, The Bioboosted Armor'.
Also, found the complete series of both 'Moldiver' and 'Golden Boy' on one of the computers at the local library recently ; ]

Bleach, I love it, pity it finished a couple of months ago, but still a great show.

Paul

Can any other Netflix streaming users recommend a good anime that's on there? I keep finding recommendations for good anime but I'm not willing to spend more than my $8/month for TV entertainment, haha. One I'm watching and enjoying just killed off a couple of great characters so I'm finding it depressing now.

Currently watching Blue Exorcist and Black Butler. I watched about 10 episodes of Blue Exorcist and 13 episodes of Black Butler a couple of years ago, but for some reason I didn't finish them (I think I was too preoccupied with other special interests at the time and didn't want other potential interests "getting in the way", if that makes any sense). But this time I'm willing to let both of them take over as special interests, so I've started them from the beginning and this time I'm watching them with the intent to finish them! :)

Whether I'm not a fan of anime in any sense, I really enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist. Despite that some say it can't be called as steampunk, it had much elements for me to like about. Hellsing almost made it to my list too and I had special interest in it's soundtrack times aback.

Last one I watched was Ghost in the Shell. Despite being set in a near future (2030, if I'm not mistaken) it was one of the most realistic animes I have ever seen.

I'm currently watching Naruto. Although I prefer the dubbed version of some shows (One Piece, DragonBall, Gundam), the subtitled version is definitely the way to go on this one as the original Japanese voice actors did a way better job then the American ones.

Currently watching Blue Exorcist and Black Butler. I watched about 10 episodes of Blue Exorcist and 13 episodes of Black Butler a couple of years ago, but for some reason I didn't finish them (I think I was too preoccupied with other special interests at the time and didn't want other potential interests "getting in the way", if that makes any sense). But this time I'm willing to let both of them take over as special interests, so I've started them from the beginning and this time I'm watching them with the intent to finish them! :)

I LOVE Black Butler. <3 I haven't seen a lot of anime but I've seen the whole Black Butler series and it's great.

Well... Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is always a good anime to watch. Doesn't really feel like an anime, what with it's deep themes and dark storyline, which only serves to make it better.
Another I like is Princess Jellyfish. A very odd anime, but it helps me in understanding the whole 'not wanting to be in social situations' a wee bit better.

Well... Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is always a good anime to watch. Doesn't really feel like an anime, what with it's deep themes and dark storyline, which only serves to make it better.

I loved Fullmetal Alchemist, but still have to watch the Brotherhood version.

Oddly enough, I've been watching two that only have one letter in their name. One is C (or [C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility - CONTROL), and the other is K. Then there's always GunXSword. They're all awesome.

For me, Gundam Build Fighters is my current fave.
Check it out here, as a sample of the show! (This is episode 9)

Pretty much the only anime I have seen that I've like are Howl's Movie Castle and Totero. Next up is Laputa: Castle in the Sky, by the same director.

Miyazaki is indeed a master. But as for Howl's Moving Castle, the book is better. ;)

I'm currently watching Space Dandy.

New Threads

Top Bottom